Papiss Cisse

Stroszek said:
Papiss Demba Cisse, describing his wonder strike that helped Newcastle beat Chelsea: "With the second goal, when I saw it coming back from Shola Ameobi I just wanted to kick it. I had no energy so I just wanted to hit it and it ended up going in."
So there, he didn't mean it.
That's not right though, is it.
He meant it in as much as he belted fuck out of it, with a curve towards goal. He meant to shoot, but may not have meant it to go exactly where it went but he meant it in as much as he aimed a shot at goal. To say he didn't mean it would be to say he actually meant to pick it up, cut a hole in it and then fuck it but instead it went in the goal. He wouldn't have meant it then, if he was to pick it up, cut a hole in it and fuck it. He didn't though, he belted it, put a swerve on it with the outside of his boot and it did what he intended - went into the back of the net.

"I just wanted to kick it" as in "I just wanted to thump it into row Z to waste some time as Chelski were sending attack after another our way." That's how I interpret that.

it was a wonder strike, once in a career type goal. his body shape and hitting across the ball says he was trying to dip it and move it, but still no more than a speculative punt at goal, but there is no way he thought he was going to move it that much it hit the inside of the side netting, a foot from the post. messi dreams of scoring a goal like that.

Stroszek said:
"I just wanted to kick it" as in "I just wanted to thump it into row Z to waste some time as Chelski were sending attack after another our way." That's how I interpret that.
That's not what it looked like.

It looked like he fully wanted to bend the ball - otherwise why strike it with the outside of his foot.

As for his "quote" - even if reported accurately, a very big "if" - his first language is not English, and your "interpretation" is possibly way off the mark.

And whatever can be said about his second goal v Chelsea, what about his first, which some think was even better?

He may be just a "flash in the pan", but I'm afraid those connected with Man.City who want to write him off with "interpretations" of odd comments, are fooling themselves.

I'm sure - or at least hope - that Mancini and the players are not fooled by this sort of false comfort, and will be keeping a very, very tight hold on him during the game.

[As for the argument about why weren't the big clubs in for him etc.etc., there are any number of players who have been under the radar for various reasons - especially if they don't come from the right country. I suspect that if Cisse had been Argentinian, Spanish, English etc. there would already have been much more interest in him. Having said that, I'd still much rather have Aguero - a more complete sort of player]

He didn't want to run through/around the defence, he wanted to belt it in. Easy on the over-analyzing guys, its pretty self explanatory.

I think we fans over interpret some of these players intentions. Ita very likely he wanted to hit it incredibly hard. Maybe even sail it over. If Cisse is 2 inches of the mark he just gifted Cech a counter attack.

Bilston Blue said:
Cisse's definitely got the air of a new Tony Yeboah. Now, what ever happened to him? One good season. A couple of good goals. And...

Yeboah presumably celebrated his 25th birthday ten times or so. Nobody could ever figure out his real age, so he might have been much older than stated when he had his one good season.

For Cisse, he very often scored totally out of the blue for Freiburg. You never realised he was in the starting eleven until five minutes from time, when he stepped up to score the winner.

Frank H said:
Stroszek said:
That's not what it looked like.

It looked like he fully wanted to bend the ball - otherwise why strike it with the outside of his foot.

As for his "quote" - even if reported accurately, a very big "if" - his first language is not English, and your "interpretation" is possibly way off the mark.

And whatever can be said about his second goal v Chelsea, what about his first, which some think was even better?

He may be just a "flash in the pan", but I'm afraid those connected with Man.City who want to write him off with "interpretations" of odd comments, are fooling themselves.

I'm sure - or at least hope - that Mancini and the players are not fooled by this sort of false comfort, and will be keeping a very, very tight hold on him during the game.

[As for the argument about why weren't the big clubs in for him etc.etc., there are any number of players who have been under the radar for various reasons - especially if they don't come from the right country. I suspect that if Cisse had been Argentinian, Spanish, English etc. there would already have been much more interest in him. Having said that, I'd still much rather have Aguero - a more complete sort of player]

Yes and Rooney fully wanted to fluke the ball in, otherwise why did he hit it with his shin.

Christ on a bike! no need to overanalyze it, it had just the right combination of skil and luck to sail into the back of the net.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.