Papiss Cisse

If we get beat by the quality of either goal he scored at the bridge, yes I will be dissapointed with the result but you just can't legislate for either of those type of goals, I am just hoping lightning doesn't strike twice and he has an off day as he did against wigan when he only hit the bar and post. :-)

In all honesty, I've not seen enough of him to decide. His record seems to speak for itself.

... But we all remember that season Benjani had for Portsmouth.

glen quagmire said:
Fuck their players!
Let's forget about Cisse and let them concentrate on sergio, carlos, david and samir. Not least Vincent and joleon's corner meeting attributes!

Fair point. Would like to think they're more worried about us.

Probably not though... I'm shitting it.

MSP said:
oakiecokie said:
the blue panther said:
I'll decide on Sunday when he comes up against the best defence in the league, and the best defensive centre half pairing in the country.
Let's hope we decide 'Not.'
I actually thought that 1 st goal last night was better than the 2nd one - 1st all superb skill; 2nd was a bit flukey.

WTF !! Had it been a City player scoring a glorious goal like that we`d have been purring over it and claiming it was better than Crouch`s !

well, it was obviously great goal but you can bet it was never intended to finish like that. It's just too great to be intentional, nobody could do that.

I agree. Crouch's was better because of his intention whereas Cisse with the outside of his boot was far too lucky.

I used to use the outside of my boots to put some spin on a 5 yard pass. All boots like cricket bats and golf clubs have a sweet spot, but the outside isn't one of them.

According to a Newcastle blog we almost signed Cisse! Although the dates seem off, Sven wasn't here in 2005.

-

There’s no way around it, to a large extent the hopes of Newcastle, and in turn Manchester United, against Manchester City at St James’ Park in the Premier League rest on the shoulders of our Senegalese star striker Papiss Cisse. We all know that Cisse is on fire and if Newcastle score the odds are that it will be Papiss that finds the back of the net. Man City manager Roberto Mancini has conceded that Cisse is a huge threat and if things had turned out differently, he could have been lining up for City against Newcastle this weekend, not the other way around!

The main man behind bringing Papiss Cisse to Tyneside was our Chief Scout Graham Carr. What you may or may not have known, is that Carr used to work at Man City under Sven-Goran Eriksson. According to Sky Sports, when he was working for Eriksson in 2005, Carr even had his eye on Cisse back then when he was playing in France for Metz. Carr really liked the then teenager and thought he would make a big impact in the Premier League – how right he was!

Graham Carr extensively watched young Cisse and recommended the Senegalese striker to Eriksson, who was in agreement that he was a great talent. Sven tried to push Cisse’s transfer to the north-west through, however was scuppered by passport and visa complications. Seven years later and Papiss has finally made it to the Premier League and as far as Newcastle are concerned, he couldn’t have come sooner.

Current Man City manager Mancini has singled out Cisse, as if he needed to, ahead of Sunday’s encounter. The Italian told Sky Sports that “Cisse is incredible. He scored two fantastic goals against Chelsea. He has 13 goals in 12 league games for Newcastle and he’s a good player. But not just him, their whole team is playing very well.” That’s reflected by the fact that Newcastle have won seven in eight and have made St James’ Park into a fortress.

It will need to be a fortress if Newcastle are going to get a result against Man City on Sunday, but if they do then Papiss Cisse will have a big role to play. I’m definitely glad he isn’t in the opposition’s starting eleven!

<a class="postlink" href="http://nothingbutnewcastle.com/2012/05/blogs/papiss-cisse-could-have-been-a-manchester-city-player" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://nothingbutnewcastle.com/2012/05/ ... ity-player</a>

LoveCity said:
According to a Newcastle blog we almost signed Cisse!

-

There’s no way around it, to a large extent the hopes of Newcastle, and in turn Manchester United, against Manchester City at St James’ Park in the Premier League rest on the shoulders of our Senegalese star striker Papiss Cisse. We all know that Cisse is on fire and if Newcastle score the odds are that it will be Papiss that finds the back of the net. Man City manager Roberto Mancini has conceded that Cisse is a huge threat and if things had turned out differently, he could have been lining up for City against Newcastle this weekend, not the other way around!

The main man behind bringing Papiss Cisse to Tyneside was our Chief Scout Graham Carr. What you may or may not have known, is that Carr used to work at Man City under Sven-Goran Eriksson. According to Sky Sports, when he was working for Eriksson in 2005, Carr even had his eye on Cisse back then when he was playing in France for Metz. Carr really liked the then teenager and thought he would make a big impact in the Premier League – how right he was!

Graham Carr extensively watched young Cisse and recommended the Senegalese striker to Eriksson, who was in agreement that he was a great talent. Sven tried to push Cisse’s transfer to the north-west through, however was scuppered by passport and visa complications. Seven years later and Papiss has finally made it to the Premier League and as far as Newcastle are concerned, he couldn’t have come sooner.

Current Man City manager Mancini has singled out Cisse, as if he needed to, ahead of Sunday’s encounter. The Italian told Sky Sports that “Cisse is incredible. He scored two fantastic goals against Chelsea. He has 13 goals in 12 league games for Newcastle and he’s a good player. But not just him, their whole team is playing very well.” That’s reflected by the fact that Newcastle have won seven in eight and have made St James’ Park into a fortress.

It will need to be a fortress if Newcastle are going to get a result against Man City on Sunday, but if they do then Papiss Cisse will have a big role to play. I’m definitely glad he isn’t in the opposition’s starting eleven!

<a class="postlink" href="http://nothingbutnewcastle.com/2012/05/blogs/papiss-cisse-could-have-been-a-manchester-city-player" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://nothingbutnewcastle.com/2012/05/ ... ity-player</a>

Wrong manager it was Stuart Pearce.

Come on boys get a grip. You are all shitting it about Cisse - at least the barcodes don't have Tevez, Aguero and our midfield (plus kompany) to throw at us. Let Cisse score 2 - as long as we score 3.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.