Pellegrini is the new manager (Malaga Newspaper reports) 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11679/8776398" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11679/8776398</a>?

I recon today is the day if this is the case.

Didsbury Dave said:
Marvin said:
We don't have information to be able to critically appraise anything before it becomes too late

What an utterly bizarre comment.
No it's not

When a team doesn't perform, it's sometimes not the manager's fault, and the only way of knowing is if you are part of the team or very close to it.

We don't know what the tactical instructions are, what the manager's relationship with his players is like, what injuries the players are carrying etc etc

For the first few years of Ferguson's era at Utd, most fans would have probably wanted another change. But those who were running the club could see him in their day to day activities and probably knew what was going in and had a very good idea of his strengths and weaknesses and what were the real reasons for their struggles<br /><br />-- Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:31 pm --<br /><br />
JosMCFC said:
He will be announced as manager within a couple of hours
What!

From Jack de Menezes in the Indy:

'Manchester City are close to making their third signing of the summer with Malaga’s Isco reportedly ready to follow Manuel Pellegrini to the Etihad.

City hope to announce Pellegrini as their new manager over the weekend, and it seems his first signing will be his former midfielder, who is keen to leave Malaga for Champions League football.'

I reckon Manny over the weekend then Isco next week once the Under 21s finishes on Tuesday. Happy days.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/manchester-city-close-to-signing-malaga-midfielder-isco-8658973.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 58973.html</a>

I can't profess to be all that great on the legal side but, i'm assuming they can't appoint a new manager if they still have someone in that role. Must mean he's now left the role and whatever issue was there preventing that has now been resolved.

Tweeted a minute ago by Christian Machowski‏ (based in Manc, but who, as per his profile works "with professional football clubs for their European matches & training camps. Anglicised German with a Málaga season ticket":

As @malagahoy_es report, the outstanding financial issue with Manuel Pellegrini has been resolved and he should be City's Manager very soon.

Marvin said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Marvin said:
Didsbury Dave you are so clever.

You predicted over 12 months ago that mancini would get the sack, and over the course of the average tenure of a football manager you were eventually right. For your next trick you could tell us that Pellegrini will be sacked before he is even appointed and of course you will eventually be proved right.

I'd rather be blinded by loyalty.

One of my pet hates is turning on 606 on the radio and listening to the clamour from Arsenal and Chelsea fans to sack their manager

Ooooooooh.

Still hurting, eh? I can understand that.

"I'd rather be blinded by loyalty" gave me a little smile, though. By that you mean you're just another daft football fan without the means to critically appraise anything within your own club.

Not your fault, I suppose. There are many like you. But I wouldn't wear this ignorance like a badge of honour if I were you.
I'm not hurting because my loyalty is to MCFC not Mancini. At one time I associated them both together.

I've been wrong very many times before about Hughes, and most other managers because like most fans I want to be hopeful and give the team every chance of success.

We don't have information to be able to critically appraise anything before it becomes too late

Who do you think you are with your just another daft football fan comment? Who do you think you've been standing and travelling and arguing the toss with for the past 30 years?

Well said Marvin. For what its worth , count me in as " just another daft football fan"

When i sing City, the best team in the land and all the world i fucking mean it- it might not be true but its what i think.. not interested in arrogant, aloof, clever, football fans, who like to critically appraise my club and look down on those who choose to blindly follow , the so called happy clappers... i love being a happy clapper..i leave the critical appraisal to those outside the club..inc the rags on this board and the media.

long live the happy clappers!

There could be a problem signing Isco as real are now sniffing around trying to buy him. It will all come down to whether he wants to follow his manager over to Man City or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.