Pellegrini is the new manager (Malaga Newspaper reports) 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hihosilva said:
Ducado said:
willy eckerslike said:
Ian Cheeseman has tweeted some more info. Sorry if already covered. (EDIT ^^^ somebody beat me to it).

Basically it sounds like if Malaga don't pay up MP his wages (and presumably bonuses for achieving a Uefa cup place - despite them being banned), then he can claim constructive dismissal (or whatever the Spanish equivalent is - dismissalo de constructivo?) which nullifies his contract. Therefore he becomes a free agent and City don't need to pay the £3.2 mill compensation.

In summary MP is coming (and probably Isco too) but it may not happen until it needs to happen.
Like has been said July 1st

Sorry but this just doesn't make any sense. Why don't Malaga just pay his wages & the City will pay the Compensation. Its a no brainer or am i missing something.
Perhaps Malaga don't want to? It looks like a good deal for both parties I would like it sorted out but it's just one of those things

trotsky said:
That's an off-the-record briefing by the club. The same kind of briefing which never came about mancini's future, and some of us kept saying was significant, and so it proved..

Let it go, please.[/quote]

I'm making a simple point which is nothing to do with Mancini.

The club appear to have briefed all and sundry off-the-record that Pellegrini is a done deal and the delay is irrelevant. It is significant. They wouldn't do that unless it were true.

I'm using his situation as a comparison where they didn't do those briefings for a very good reason.

@SkySportsNews 1m
Malaga agree to appoint Bernd Schuster to replace Manuel Pellegrini #SSN

SURELY its imminent now

Didsbury Dave said:
Marvin said:
Didsbury Dave said:
That's an off-the-record briefing by the club. The same kind of briefing which never came about mancini's future, and some of us kept saying was significant, and so it proved..
Didsbury Dave you are so clever.

You predicted over 12 months ago that mancini would get the sack, and over the course of the average tenure of a football manager you were eventually right. For your next trick you could tell us that Pellegrini will be sacked before he is even appointed and of course you will eventually be proved right.

I'd rather be blinded by loyalty.

One of my pet hates is turning on 606 on the radio and listening to the clamour from Arsenal and Chelsea fans to sack their manager

Ooooooooh.

Still hurting, eh? I can understand that.

"I'd rather be blinded by loyalty" gave me a little smile, though. By that you mean you're just another daft football fan without the means to critically appraise anything within your own club.

Not your fault, I suppose. There are many like you. But I wouldn't wear this ignorance like a badge of honour if I were you.
I'm not hurting because my loyalty is to MCFC not Mancini. At one time I associated them both together.

I've been wrong very many times before about Hughes, and most other managers because like most fans I want to be hopeful and give the team every chance of success.

We don't have information to be able to critically appraise anything before it becomes too late

Who do you think you are with your just another daft football fan comment? Who do you think you've been standing and travelling and arguing the toss with for the past 30 years?

I hope Mr Didsbury Dave won't mind too much if I continue to be an ignorant City fan (and supporter) and blind myself with loyalty to our club.

Long intellectual discussions, especially if they are based on pure opinions and not solid information as is mostly the case in this thread, don't really inspire me.

We haven't signed a new manager yet and I don't know why not.

When we do I will support him... (although I will have great difficulty in doing so if it is Big Sam or Tony Pulis!!!)

JJ

The leaked story just doesn't make sence.
If what is said is true, then Pellegrini will be out of pocket 2 or 3 months wages- which he can only reclaim through the Spanish courts. Why on earth would Pellegrini want that? Why on earth would City want to force that on Pellegrini?

BlueAnorak said:
The leaked story just doesn't make sence.
If what is said is true, then Pellegrini will be out of pocket 2 or 3 months wages- which he can only reclaim through the Spanish courts. Why on earth would Pellegrini want that? Why on earth would City want to force that on Pellegrini?

Because if he can claim constructive dismissal we won't have to pay a fee to Malaga for him- £3.2m

It won't be anything to do with City if he is out of pocket 2-3 months wages?

Only if City are pretty sure that it will force Malaga into bankruptcy does it make any sends at all. And that will have a very holistic effect on City's reputation...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.