Pep- dont expect......

Backup keeper
Centerback
Left back
Right back
Midfielder (maybe two)

Anything beyond that would be too much. I expect more players to leave than join so that youth players can fill any potential holes.

Last edited:
Out:

1- Bony
2- Kolarov
3- Zabaleta
4- Demichelles
5- Navas

In:

1- Denayer
2- Angelino
3- Maffeo
4- Alexis Garcia
5- Manu Garcia
Hypothetically, if that were the case & no proven new signings were brought in, to supplement the one's you suggest are leaving, what chance do you, realistically, think we would have of attaining a top 4 place next season?And more importantly, should we fail to do so, would our owners, fellow fans, & Guadiola himself, simply see it as a worthwhile experiment and be prepared to totally write next season off?

Just asking.

Last edited:
Out

Willy
Zab (would like to see him stay in some capacity.
Sanga (maybe back up one season)
Kolorov
Mangala (loan maybe)
Demicles
Fernado
Yaya
Bony

9 Replacements wow!!

Also need back up for Silva/Narsi

Could always promote from youth to cut down on number of signings required.
Bring back Patrick Roberts / Den? guy on loan Turkey and Garcias etc who played well in FA Cup against Chelsea.
really don't know why Pellers did not use some of them against Southamton and Liverpool the complete plank!
I'd keep Fernando mate. He's a good squad player. Underrated on here imo. He does his job well imo. He will stay I reckon. agree with the rest of the outs.

Who is their star man?
Pep-Guardiola1.jpg

I'd sell/release at least 6 players (Caballero, Zabaleta, Kolarov, Demichellis, Yaya, Bony) and our current squad is 23 players, so assuming we want a 22 man squad that mean buying at least 4 players as Denayer will replace Demichellis which would be a GK, RB,LB and a CM).

I also think Otamendi, Mangala, Fernando, Nasri and Navas could be on the market which would mean they'd need replacing if sold.

denayer looks an absolute cert to get a place next season, and also ww said in the gundogan thread that he has heard angelino is going to get a chance next season.

that's a central defender and left back already sorted.

i think in regards to fullbacks, i think clichy and sagna will stay and see out one more year.

zabaleta looks like he will leave :(

and if angelino is coming in then kolarov will leave.

Hypothetically, if that were the case & no proven new signings were brought in, to supplement the one's you suggest are leaving, what chance do you, realistically, think we would have of attaining a top 4 place next season?And more importantly, should we fail to do so, would our owners, fellow fans, & Guadiola himself, simply see it as a worthwhile experiment and be prepared to totally write next season off?

Just asking.

Apart from Navas, the rest had little impact on the team and most were bench players.

If we have better luck with injuries next season we can be top of the league specially with Pep coming.

denayer looks an absolute cert to get a place next season

Keep seeing this but not sure what it is based on other than a poor season from Otamendi and Mangala plus Kompanys injuries.

He may well come back and be a fixture in the side but right now, nobody knows who Pep is going to rate and want to keep.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.