PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Just want to throw this one out there.

Over the past few days I have read numerous posts saying “I couldn’t sleep last night…..” etc so just wondering if ‘when’ City are exonerated could fans go after the Premier League for causing unecessary personal stress and anxiety?

Just curious, can any legal experts out there answer this??2a
Yes. At the end of every fucking game these days :(

As a fan of another team, I find this very interesting. But what strikes me after reading a lot of this thread is that there's a lot of blame-game going on here. I've read a lot of blame towards other clubs, the FA and PL, but very few, if any, are talking about the real case and the substance in the accusations. If there's done something wrong, which the enquiry will find out, surely there has to be consequences?
Whether we’ve done something wrong or not, there are consequences. Do you really believe if City are found wholesale innocent, rival clubs, media members, rival fans, etc. aren’t going to say “Well, they got off because of xxxxx or yyyyy — they’re still cheats”? If this drags out and City are ultimately found innocent does it not hurt the club’s ability to sign players, attract sponsors, etc.?

City are irredeemable already in the eyes of all — and whomever you support, the fact is FFP was very specifically designed by already-strong clubs to hurt clubs like City. That’s irrefutable. No truly preventative measure set would EVER focus on net profitability vs. cash flow and debt were sustainability at the core.

If those are our violations vs. true legal accounting fraud, then do you think “punishment” should be different? Of course. Do you think the narrative will be? Nope.

Also the “substance in the accusations” is entirely unclear at the moment from the document we have — we are all of us speculating.

All the hospitality the media get at the stadium should be withdrawn no food or drink just a seat with tge fans see how the narrative changes.It would not, alloww them to broadcast pictures no acesss for Tyler,Neville and spit to speak bile for 90 mins no media interviews give them nothing.
We should. For sure. But we won't. Even now, we will fawn over them and continue to treat them like royalty. And we wonder why they continue to take the piss out of us?

I think you should have reasonable faith in the 3 man panel. They are going to be very serious career lawyers and judges who have bigger concerns than their own football fandom and know their work is likely going to be reviewed by one of the highest courts in the land and have a lot of public scrutiny.

It's similar to the CAS panel, not UEFA's kangaroo hearing.
Nonetheless it’s rather stupid to appointment someone with a vested interest to an independent panel. Should things go badly it gives us an immediate stick to beat them with!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.