Player Thread: Patrick Roberts

Just want to get rid of the misconception that Patrick Roberts was playing regularly at Fulham, 17 championship appearances last season, not sure how many of them were actually starts but thats hardly regular. Truth is at 18 he's better off learning from us, and after assessing him (which I imagine is what we are currently doing) we can figure out what will be best for his development and unlike Fulham we have the power to do that whether it be in Spain, MLS another championship club or with ourselves.

but at fulham he was playing youth games at least, he isn't even doing that with us. as poster above says this is a problem because they aren't getting any games

Just want to get rid of the misconception that Patrick Roberts was playing regularly at Fulham, 17 championship appearances last season, not sure how many of them were actually starts but thats hardly regular. Truth is at 18 he's better off learning from us, and after assessing him (which I imagine is what we are currently doing) we can figure out what will be best for his development and unlike Fulham we have the power to do that whether it be in Spain, MLS another championship club or with ourselves.
Correct about his appearances, he played a total of 357 minutes with just 2 starts out of those "17 games". That works out to just slightly under 4 full games in a Championship team. People are being far too impatient with the lad.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/7118...s-new-manchester-city-signing-patrick-roberts

Edit: he also played in 3 first team cup games last season but I don't know how many minutes he got.

oh I might have been thinking season before when they played chelsea in the final ? i dont really understand why fulham didn't play him more. I dont think they played a lot of their youth team

It is exceptionally odd, where I to venture a guess Fulham when faced with the prospects of trying to stop a terrible slide into ruin they figured it'd be too much a risk 17/18 year old prospect when they needed every single point. With how we play, and our academy set up we might just be the best place for him to develop to be honest. I do agree him staying in Limbo won't do him any good but to be honest, a month training with a first team of our calibre at 18 is gonna teach him things he wouldn't learn elsewhere.

From the OS today, 1st team training. He looks happy enough to me.

IzTD5XA.jpg

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-new...er-City-training-gallery-26-August/1440595192

Can only think we are waiting for the right loan opportunity for him.

With him being only 5 foot 5 and a half and having a small frame the Championship is probably not the best place to develop him.

I am hoping an Eredivisie loan comes up.

Can only think we are waiting for the right loan opportunity for him.

With him being only 5 foot 5 and a half and having a small frame the Championship is probably not the best place to develop him.

I am hoping an Eredivisie loan comes up.

that has nothing to do with it imo sterling is probably smaller then him. plenty of players are small in height silva.... even the small frame thing look at navas he has the frame of a small child

Last edited:
that has nothing to do with it imo sterling is probably smaller then him. plenty of players are small in height silva.... even the small frame thing look at navas he has the frame of a small child

Sterling is 5 foot 7 so a little taller, but Raheem for his size is a big lad and holds his own, he has plenty of muscle on him.

Roberts looks a late developer physically to me and the Championship physically would be too much too soon in my opinion.

The Eredivisie or La Liga would be a better move in my opinion.

We need to get him on some of those dodgy growth hormones Barca gave Messi.

The kid idolises Silva and based on a few Instagram posts, is buzzing to be training with him; he'll hopefully embrace the opportunity to learn from the master how to use being a small man to his advantage at the top level of the English game.

Raheem is a lot quicker and more physically robust, but Roberts has more natural ability IMO and if we can develop him carefully over the next couple of years, we'll have a world class footballer on our hands.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.