Player Topic: Wilfried Bony (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll see how he does. I was happy with his cameo against Newcastle, hopefully he plays like that rather than reverting to standing around. We need movement up top, he was starting to do that vs Newcastle.

Technically he's very good too. I want to see more of the rough and tumble. I remember him bullying Kompany and thinking we need a player like that.

Now's the time for him to come to the party. It's fair to say that, between injuries and lack of form, he hasn't set the place on fire yet. With Kun out for several weeks now, we need him to start banging in the goals. Go get 'em Wilf.

These next few weeks really are make or break for him in my eyes. Forget the good hold up play etc, he simply has to score goals while Aguero is out.

These next few weeks really are make or break for him in my eyes. Forget the good hold up play etc, he simply has to score goals while Aguero is out.

As someone pointed out in another thread,being fed by the likes of KDB,Silva,Sterling etc,he's going to get plenty of chances.
I'm hoping a couple of 90 minute games and hopefully a couple of goals will give him a lift.

Bony leading the line on derby day? Hmm, we'll see how does against Bournemouth first. If he doesn't score one against Bournemouth at home then we should not play him at Old Trafford.
Can take a leaf from Gomis/Pelle book & just stick him on Blind - struggles massively with guys like Bony. Bournemouth first though, time to step up & show what he can do - he's a great striker & now has the chance to show it.

We'll see how he does. I was happy with his cameo against Newcastle, hopefully he plays like that rather than reverting to standing around. We need movement up top, he was starting to do that vs Newcastle.

What you thought the 2 easy goal scoring opportunities that he missed against Newcastle was a good game. Fuck me if you thought he had a good game against Newcastle my point has been right all along and he is total fucking wank.

As someone pointed out in another thread,being fed by the likes of KDB,Silva,Sterling etc,he's going to get plenty of chances.
I'm hoping a couple of 90 minute games and hopefully a couple of goals will give him a lift.

Agree, although the argument about being fed by good players has been the case whenever he has played for us, but worryingly he doesn't tend to get himself in goalscoring situations.

What you thought the 2 easy goal scoring opportunities that he missed against Newcastle was a good game. Fuck me if you thought he had a good game against Newcastle my point has been right all along and he is total fucking wank.
His movement was an improvement on his previous games. I am by no means Bony's #1 fan, if I had it my way he'd be on the bench next Saturday with Iheanacho starting, however I can see that his performace against Newcastle was an improvement on the ones prior to that. You have to acknowledge that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.