Player Topic: Wilfried Bony (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There will be games where a physical presence is needed. Wilf fits the bill.

Am expecting bigger and better from him this season, now that he has some time to gel with the midfield.

I don't really understand why people are being so critical of Bony. He came back from the ACON, joined a new side, was injured and then thrown in to a team he hadn't had much time to gel with. His touch was instantly better than we'd seen with Dzeko, his physical presence what we lacked and he will take a shot on from anywhere which is sometimes what we've lacked trying to be too intricate.

At Swansea he was used to being focal point and holding the ball up and feeding wide players and getting into the box. With City he had to anticipate movement from Aguero/Silva/Navas and it was different to what he was used to. He still showed glimpses of real quality and the only thing lacking, surprisingly was the goals. He shanked a fair few chances which will largely be down to the pressure to impress at a new club.

He has more than shown his goal scoring abilities. With Sterling in the side he'll get the supply he likes and I'm confident he'll score a lot of goals for us this season.

I don't really understand why people are being so critical of Bony. He came back from the ACON, joined a new side, was injured and then thrown in to a team he hadn't had much time to gel with. His touch was instantly better than we'd seen with Dzeko, his physical presence what we lacked and he will take a shot on from anywhere which is sometimes what we've lacked trying to be too intricate.

At Swansea he was used to being focal point and holding the ball up and feeding wide players and getting into the box. With City he had to anticipate movement from Aguero/Silva/Navas and it was different to what he was used to. He still showed glimpses of real quality and the only thing lacking, surprisingly was the goals. He shanked a fair few chances which will largely be down to the pressure to impress at a new club.

He has more than shown his goal scoring abilities. With Sterling in the side he'll get the supply he likes and I'm confident he'll score a lot of goals for us this season.

Well said.

I feel like I've seen enough of Bony, both at Swansea and in the handful of games he's played for us, to be confident that he'll do well for us in the coming seasons.

It's a very City trait, or maybe just that of the modern football fan, to write players off too quickly.

* Feel free to quote this post if he has a dreadful season for us

Please get on message. I've compiled a short list to get you on your way.
He's shit.
He's overpriced.
Panic buy.
Not scored as many goals as Edin Dzeko.
Not good enough us.
Won't fit into our system.
Only looked good at Swansea because they're crap.
Please feel free to add your own unfounded criticisms. If you can't think of any, don't worry about it, I'm sure there will be plenty who will be more than happy to come on here to show you how it's done.

Please get on message. I've compiled a short list to get you on your way.
He's shit.
He's overpriced.
Panic buy.
Not scored as many goals as Edin Dzeko.
Not good enough us.
Won't fit into our system.
Only looked good at Swansea because they're crap.
Please feel free to add your own unfounded criticisms. If you can't think of any, don't worry about it, I'm sure there will be plenty who will be more than happy to come on here to show you how it's done.

It is just different opinion pal to your own. I have never thought he was a top class striker and, unlike some who feel it is disloyal, wont change my opinion just because City have signed him.

Hope it works out though. He lacks consistency for me and I think he will be compared to Dzeko in a seasons time in the sense when he has a bad game he can be very bad. As a massive, unusual plus he is an excellent defender at set pieces which will prove very useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.