Player Topic: Wilfried Bony (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the margin is really fine between it really clicking and it just falling flat on its face, at the moment it's leaning towards the latter but from what I've seen of him I just see him working really well for us, it just isn't clicking for whatever reason and I wonder if he'll find it before the management gets fed up and sells him.

I don't think he's far off, it's frustrating but I believe in him.

Yeah i'm closer to this school of thought than the idea that he's a failure and hasn't worked out. It's a cliche but it's when he isn't getting into positions to score goals and we aren't creating anything for him that i'll be worried. As it stands the one thing he could be relied upon at Swansea for (his finishing) is the one thing he's struggling with. So it has the potential to certainly come good.

Although I understand and in some instances agree with the calls to give Kelechi more time on the pitch, I don't think that it would be good for the team or the squad if Bony was dropped for Kelechi. Kelechi's a young kid with bags of talent but leading the line for is an enormous task. I'd be much more in favour of having to reach for Kelechi from the bench with half an hour to go than having to bring Bony on because Kelechi's struggled for an hour ( as he did against Norwich ).

He'll be gone in summer no doubt, nowhere near the required mobility or technique

I seriously think we need to look at getting a short term striker in in Jan, ideally a loan.

He'll be gone in summer no doubt, nowhere near the required mobility or technique

I seriously think we need to look at getting a short term striker in in Jan, ideally a loan.

I agree with both statements,especially the latter but i hope we are proved wrong on the first because that means he will have been a success and we should be winning trophies again.

I think the margin is really fine between it really clicking and it just falling flat on its face, at the moment it's leaning towards the latter but from what I've seen of him I just see him working really well for us, it just isn't clicking for whatever reason and I wonder if he'll find it before the management gets fed up and sells him.

I don't think he's far off, it's frustrating but I believe in him.

This is the sort of attitude I expect with a young player or with simebody new to the league.

Bony is experienced, he's played in this league for several seasons. It's almost like we are babying him at this stage and for me, it just hasn't worked out. His movement is terrible and, apart from some decent hold-up play, he has shown me nothing that suggests he should be starting instead of Kelechi.

Yeah i'm closer to this school of thought than the idea that he's a failure and hasn't worked out. It's a cliche but it's when he isn't getting into positions to score goals and we aren't creating anything for him that i'll be worried. As it stands the one thing he could be relied upon at Swansea for (his finishing) is the one thing he's struggling with. So it has the potential to certainly come good.

Although I understand and in some instances agree with the calls to give Kelechi more time on the pitch, I don't think that it would be good for the team or the squad if Bony was dropped for Kelechi. Kelechi's a young kid with bags of talent but leading the line for is an enormous task. I'd be much more in favour of having to reach for Kelechi from the bench with half an hour to go than having to bring Bony on because Kelechi's struggled for an hour ( as he did against Norwich ).
I'm always hopeful that a player will recapture past glories, but he's not working for the team. There was a moment in the game on Saturday when all he had to do was shield the ball from the defender behind him, something Dzeko did quite well, but instead ran off, expecting another City player who was further away to deal with it, leaving the defender to clear it. Really poor stuff. He might have heard my opinion.

I'm always hopeful that a player will recapture past glories, but he's not working for the team. There was a moment in the game on Saturday when all he had to do was shield the ball from the defender behind him, something Dzeko did quite well, but instead ran off, expecting another City player who was further away to deal with it, leaving the defender to clear it. Really poor stuff. He might have heard my opinion.

I know exactly which moment you're talking about. But you can't take an isolated incident in his first game back after an injury and then use it to try and make a more general point about him working for the team.

Lets face it, he may well turn out to be a flop, but with so much football left to be played this season and Kun's injury record, Bony could still turn things around for himself.

Towards the end of last season when he had a few games he seemed to link with the midfield quite well and I was optimistic about him making a good contribution this season. I do wonder if his poor form so far this season is connected to the after effects of the malaria he picked up in the summer.

I know exactly which moment you're talking about. But you can't take an isolated incident in his first game back after an injury and then use it to try and make a more general point about him working for the team.

Lets face it, he may well turn out to be a flop, but with so much football left to be played this season and Kun's injury record, Bony could still turn things around for himself.

How about the Norwich game when Yaya was on his own and a simple pass from Bony and he's in. Nope Bony ends up smashing the ball into a defender.

Honestly can't believe his drastic drop off in performance since his move from the Swans. Frustrating the lack of effort he shows when he does play. Needs to bag a goal or two v Hull tomorrow and prove he's good enough for our team otherwise he'll be packing his bags in the summer I reckon.

Perhaps he's worried about the physical side of the game after his injury. We can't afford another passenger in that position, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.