Players who should have changed clubs

Gerrard. Could have moved to Chelsea or Real Madrid in his prime and won a hell of a lot more. Looking at how his Liverpool career ended, I think he might regret that decision in years to come.

Le Tiss, back when dinosaurs roamed the earth. Yes, he showed fantastic loyalty to Southampton. But what a career he might have had if he had gone to one of the established "big" clubs back then. And he'd have surely amassed considerably more than 8 (!) England caps.
Arsenal was the club for him in his day deffo

George Best.

He should have left United straight after they won the European Cup. In his autobiography he said the older players like Foulkes and Charlton had achieved all their ambitions in 1968 and mentally threw the towel in. If he had gone to Italy with its different drinking culture he might still have been alive today.

George Best.

He should have left United straight after they won the European Cup. In his autobiography he said the older players like Foulkes and Charlton had achieved all their ambitions in 1968 and mentally threw the towel in. If he had gone to Italy with its different drinking culture he might still have been alive today.

Same might be said for Gascoigne, if he had moved to a club whose ambitions matched his ability then his life may have been different. Dare I say it he should have gone to United when Fergie wanted him.

David Hurst. Seem to remember him knocking on the England door and getting eyed up by a few of the bigger clubs (or clubs who were considered big back then). Chose to stay at Sheff. Wed. (or the decision was made for him to stay at Sheff. Wed.)

What happened to him?
He had his ankle broken by a pretty disgusting Steve Bould tackle and never was quite the same after. He's still a legend at Wednesday and now pretty much has a job for life there, I think he's a youth coach. His lad George is a very promising looking striker in their academy as well. Staying put was probably a good call in the long run, otherwise at best he'd be sat on a sofa spouting shite on MUTV alongside David May

Same might be said for Gascoigne, if he had moved to a club whose ambitions matched his ability then his life may have been different. Dare I say it he should have gone to United when Fergie wanted him.

United or even (at a push) Liverpool were the better options for Gazza. London was absolutely the wrong place for him. Could Ferguson have controlled him? Maybe, maybe not but Venables was certainly the wrong guy to manage him.

To be fair to the likes of Gascoine, Shearer and Gerrard whilst they could have won more trophies at different clubs, they still turned out to be world class players.

I always think Kevin Nolan should have left Bolton earlier than he did. He was on the brink of the England squad, maybe even got called up, in his early 20s and was linked with Liverpool. He was always a very effective player and would have got a lot more recognition at a bigger club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.