Portwood Stockport

Try joining the Paris periferique. Try driving round Marakesh. Try having a puncture on the M6 in Brum.....no fucking hard shoulder. Fortunately I've never had a puncture on the M6 in Brum but pity anyone who does.
Have you tried the roundabout at the Arc de Triomphe? That's an experience.

It is my understanding that there are speed restrictions on all of the M60 - ranging from 50mph to 70mph depending on which part you are drivIng on
As there are on every public road in Britain however I was referring to the section where the national speed limit is replaced by a 50mph limit.

Try joining the Paris periferique. Try having a puncture on the M6 in Brum.....no fucking hard shoulder. Fortunately I've never had a puncture on the M6 in Brum but pity anyone who does.
Missed my turnoff on the A! and ended up on it. Fortunately, I knew which junction to exit , and had to cross several lanes to reach it, by the old (French) method of putting on the indicator and changing lanes without waiting - they all do it. My wife had her eyes closed!

I had a blow -out in the outside lane of the M5 just before Frankley services, and had to swerve across the lanes, before stopping on the incoming slip road to change the wheel. When I finally got the tyre looked at in Redruth, the guy said it looked like a bullet hole! A long story, but on my way back from Cornwall (work related) on the Friday, there was a tanker in the same spot as I had been, having a tyre changed.

I live in Woodley, so use the Bredbury junction a lot. It pisses me off when timid drivers (usually female) arrive at the main motorway at around 45-50 mph, put their indicator on, then slow down and wait for someone to let them change lanes. Why don't they go through Denton instead?

Missed my turnoff on the A! and ended up on it. Fortunately, I knew which junction to exit , and had to cross several lanes to reach it, by the old (French) method of putting on the indicator and changing lanes without waiting - they all do it. My wife had her eyes closed!

I had a blow -out in the outside lane of the M5 just before Frankley services, and had to swerve across the lanes, before stopping on the incoming slip road to change the wheel. When I finally got the tyre looked at in Redruth, the guy said it looked like a bullet hole! A long story, but on my way back from Cornwall (work related) on the Friday, there was a tanker in the same spot as I had been, having a tyre changed.

I live in Woodley, so use the Bredbury junction a lot. It pisses me off when timid drivers (usually female) arrive at the main motorway at around 45-50 mph, put their indicator on, then slow down and wait for someone to let them change lanes. Why don't they go through Denton instead?

Most of the traffic on it drives around with their hazard lights on anyway, just in case they have to make a move one way or the other. The French haven't done much for modern society but that idea works in a warped and twisted way.

There are too many junctions on the M60 on the stretch from Ashton to the M56 and vice versa - the traffic doesn't get chance to flow due to the constant lane changing both off & on the motorway, the worst offenders being the Pillocks who join but can't do more than 100 yards without pushing into the middle lane, even though they are only doing 50mph meaning the cars behind have to brake and with the domino effect, it doesn't take long to grind to a complete standstill.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.