Portwood Stockport

Does anyone on here travel through Poynton regularly?
They introduced a shared space for cars and pedestrians which I believe has had a mixed reception, but I believe it's been a bit of a success
However they tried the same scheme in Staines Middlesex and Southern drivers have just been utter cunts not giving any way to pedestrians

Just drove on it now.

Can't be arsed reading the whole thread... Has there been many accidents?

Does anyone on here travel through Poynton regularly?
They introduced a shared space for cars and pedestrians which I believe has had a mixed reception, but I believe it's been a bit of a success
However they tried the same scheme in Staines Middlesex and Southern drivers have just been utter cunts not giving any way to pedestrians

What an absolute idiot that O'Grady is. The video just shows you how safe it is and how accidents are down and he goes on to state otherwise presumably never having experienced one.

As a Poynton resident I can tell you we mostly hate the shared space.

A great idea if you know how it works but Poynton has regular traffic or strangers who have no idea what us. So we get lunatics driving up Park Lane at 40 mph not realising what the pedestrian crossing areas are.( shown as different tiles across the road) or that there is no right of way at any junction. There have been loads of crashes especially at the Waitrose junction where nobody seems to know what to do.
Delivery lorries regularly clog up Park Lane as they unload.
Ever since it was built it has needed constant running repairs with sewers collapsing and the pavement area is shifting and lifting in many places.
The blind bloke on tv with a guide dog illustrated how useless it is for them as well with dogs trained for traditional road networks.

Just drove on it now.

Can't be arsed reading the whole thread... Has there been many accidents?

If you believe the old women on this thread you'd think you're dicing with death every time you the join the motorway at that junction. In reality, those of us not afraid of our own shadow manage it perfectly easily.

Until reading this thread I'd never thought the junction dangerous, and still don't

If you believe the old women on this thread you'd think you're dicing with death every time you the join the motorway at that junction. In reality, those of us not afraid of our own shadow manage it perfectly easily.

Until reading this thread I'd never thought the junction dangerous, and still don't

I've got on it hundreds of times and have never had a problem. In fact it's normally perfectly smooth.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.