Post Match Thread: City vs Southampton

Delighted and relieved with the points.
Good selection and much more impetus. Excellent first 30 but error strewn and in cohesive thereafter.
Well done Willy, excellent safe, a real test that I'm not sure we'd have come through if they'd equalised.
Decent looking breaks and opportunities ending with the inability to find a man or passing behind a player.
Confidence and anxiety the problems today.
Not the manager nor motivation.

Might be cold and wet but I'm fairly happy. Against a side unbeaten away from home with the players available, I thought we did OK. Points in the bag and 3 goals scored. Granted there are problems but nothing that can't be sorted, especially with a fully fit and first choice starting 11. It will be alright.

Didn't we win comfortably? Someone needs to tell this thread ffs. Good performance overall, ref spoiled 2nd half with some bizarre decision making.

I thought Bony did a job when he came on today - shame about the miss from the fantastic KDB cross.

Three points the most important thing,performance first 25-30 mins was good then we dropped off and let them back in,which has always been a problem but thankfully the third sort of knocked them a bit and also eased the jitters amongst the players,good to see silva get some mins all we need now is kompany back fit followed by hart and we can start gearing up for hopefully a long unbeaten run of games,which could see us move away at the top...edit what a poor ref today more so second half at one stage I thought he had swallowed the whistle as everytime he set off running he was blowing it...

Good first 25 minutes especially from Sterling and Delph but then we seemed to run out of ideas and momentum. Got sloppy and gave them too much time and space as the match wore on. Caballero did ok with some decent stops and if I had to choose a motm today it would be Kolarov. It frustrates the hell out of me that we are playing Dimichelis at 35 who is well past it when Jason Denayer could be starting for us gaining valuable experience. Really hope Denayer gets his chance next season. Yaya Toure seems to get lazier with each game. Occasional quality and good passing but for the most part he's a passenger. Good to see Silva back but he's going to need a few games to get sharp.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.