Premier League to discuss safe standing!

With safe standing, do you get a given an allocated spot on which to stand, or can you just go anywhere on the "terrace"? Seems to me the biggest problem with atmosphere isn't having a seat, it's not being able to stand where you want with the people you want.

I think the fact that stadia in Germany have had safe standing areas for years proves that it can be done.

Also, it seems to me that those at the top at City are trying to take measures to improve the atmosphere inside Etihad, and I'm sure they're not alone in this regard among Premier League owners. Hopefully, this will be the catalyst that brings in safe standing.

Wont ever happen as the greed of the top clubs and corporate requirements and i include us in that unfortunately, think only of the £££'s.

Wont ever happen as the greed of the top clubs and corporate requirements and i include us in that unfortunately, think only of the £££'s.

I don't think this is true.

I think the problem was always A: Thatcher & her gangsters followed by B: Scousers as a direct result of Thatcher & her gangsters.

Both sides of an argument, in total agreement on a completely incorrect, emotive solution. I mean, if standing was actually that dangerous, it would have shut down immediately the report was published, not been phased out over years. If a plane is proven faulty, they ground them. The problem never was standing, it was the way it was controlled & policed. Same with drinking in the ground. They're all still swilling beer at Twickenham.

Now, we still have 'B', the self rightious scousers, but we also have C: politicians terrified that as soon as any incident happens , 'B' will use it against them & say it's all their fault, even if said incident would still have happened in an all seater stadium, because a percentage of B, think everyone should bend to their will, forever, because of their loss. Even though their own fans stand up.

If a government has the balls to agree & risk offending them, most clubs will jump at it imo.

D
Don't think thats true, thats why most of the tickets in the extensions are cheaper and the club helped relocate the singing blocks. I get the impression the clubs realise a full ground with atmosphere helps attract corporate, I reckon most premier league clubs would welcome safe standing.

Safe Standing is actually, er safer than having loads of people stand in seated areas.
It can still be monitored in terms of ticketing, capacity, safe entry and exit.
It can be more affordable for supporters not rolling in cash.
If someone behind you or next to you is getting on your tits, you can move somewhere else, you aren't stuck next to them all season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.