Premier League to discuss safe standing!

With safe standing, do you get a given an allocated spot on which to stand, or can you just go anywhere on the "terrace"? Seems to me the biggest problem with atmosphere isn't having a seat, it's not being able to stand where you want with the people you want.
It is possible to do both. Not sure what they do at Celtic but in Germany ypu stand where you want.
Here, there is the issue that the police know exactly where you are sat / stood so ypu can be identified if there is a problem. The police may support standing but only if fans are still allocated a specific spot.... could go either way and each councils safety advisory group could choose differently too

It is possible to do both. Not sure what they do at Celtic but in Germany ypu stand where you want.
Here, there is the issue that the police know exactly where you are sat / stood so ypu can be identified if there is a problem. The police may support standing but only if fans are still allocated a specific spot.... could go either way and each councils safety advisory group could choose differently too
Cheers. I think it would need to be free standing to make any real difference to the atmosphere, but even allocated spaces would be a step in the right direction.

Safe standing will eventually happen, some of the issues at west ham this season have been caused by some fans wanting to stand. It would be great if the whole lower tier of the South stand was safe standing.

I've got it on pretty good authority that Margaret Aspinall - the chairwoman of the HFSG - who was 100% opposed to safe standing for many years, has softened her stance of late. There's still a lot of resistance amongst some of the Hillsborough families and I'm sure that will continue in some quarters but off the record a lot of the major clubs appear to be in favour and I reckon it may happen in the next couple of seasons.

Incidentally, a majority of Liverpool fans have been in favour of safe standing for years but those fans are in a more difficult position than the rest of us in voicing their support because of the obvious sentimental issue regarding the Hillsborough families that are against it.

Considering most away fans stand and don't really have problems. tf the fans were still fenced up then I'd be 110% against it. I guess the only ones who would complain are the Peter Dinklage's

Considering most away fans stand and don't really have problems. tf the fans were still fenced up then I'd be 110% against it. I guess the only ones who would complain are the Peter Dinklage's
Arsenal and the scum would probably use it as an excuse for bad results.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.