PSG readying an offer for Aguero? The Times

If we plan to play 60 games next season and win trophies, he must stay so we always have fresh legs. Pep is a committed rotator, so he will stay. Sleep easy.

I might be wrong but I think we need to get away from the thinking of a 3 man attack, or midfield etc for that matter.

Pep wants to be able to compete for everything, especially the two main competitions. He can see the advantage teams have, who are only competing for one.

Whatever he says in public, he now knows the Prem is miles more intense than anything he has faced before. So he effectively needs to be able to field a different set of players on a Saturday, to a Wednesday if necessary, without a drop in standard.

So a '3' in any area, becomes 6 or 7.
I think your right to an extent. But we need to make teams shit themselves when they see our line up. That's what all the top super teams rely on. It changes the mentality of the whole game. With the squad we might be getting we can rotate players and systems to suit. Against the lower 10 at the back teams, like unite ;-), playing those three up front with kev, Silva or bernardo as two behind and Dino or toure sitting, not to mention the new full backs, its difficult to see us not scoring a hat full. Use a different system and players for each situation. Bit different than playing 3 up with Navas, Fernando, sagna and Clichy in their roles instead of Alves, Walker, mendy, sanchez etc

Im probably in a very small minority of one but I wouldn't swap Kun for Mbappe anyway....certainly not at the moment. Mbappe undoubtedly has talent but its not uncommon for players with that talent to never realise it.

I understand why we would try and buy him now as we may not have chance in the future but Kun is proven...you know you get 20+ goals at least a season from him (its pretty much guaranteed) ....you cant say that about Mbappe (or even Sane Sterling)......I also think GJ is equally as exciting talent as Mbappe (and maybe more - i think he has more to his game)......

Sanchez is a no brainer on the other hand - he fits Peps system like a glove and is also proven..he has that ability to drop deep, play wide or lead the line
No Simon, make that two

I think your right to an extent. But we need to make teams shit themselves when they see our line up. That's what all the top super teams rely on. It changes the mentality of the whole game. With the squad we might be getting we can rotate players and systems to suit. Against the lower 10 at the back teams, like unite ;-), playing those three up front with kev, Silva or bernardo as two behind and Dino or toure sitting, not to mention the new full backs, its difficult to see us not scoring a hat full. Use a different system and players for each situation. Bit different than playing 3 up with Navas, Fernando, sagna and Clichy in those roles

I actually think Sane is likely to become the most terrifying of that bunch, fairly quickly. Not saying the best, necessarily, but the one the oppo really don't want to see.

Gary Neville (in one of his rare moments of genuine neutrality) has already mentioned it, from a fullback's perspective.

But as you say, the variety we can potentially introduce, is difficult or any opposition to pin down. An attack with Sanchez, Aguero & Bernardo Silva for example is a potential nightmare & completely unlike Sane, Jesus & Sterling, an entirely different nightmare. Like two completely different teams.

The only thing missing, is a genuine aerial threat, but Jesus has a bit of Dennis Law about him in being deceptively dangerous there.

60 fucking million, VVD is 60 million, Perisic is 50 million. How the fuck is Aguero less than a 100 !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.