Queues

God forbid it ever happens but city square is a terrorists dream, pray to god it never happens :-/

so many targets in one small area, Mary Ds,the square or tram and of course inside the ground, ive always thought it could happen but imagine if someone got in the ground with a machine gun and sprayed the whole place with led

so many targets in one small area, Mary Ds,the square or tram and of course inside the ground, ive always thought it could happen but imagine if someone got in the ground with a machine gun and sprayed the whole place with led
I really think the twats will target a prem game, our searches before game are a pain but its something we're going to have to get used to, its the outside threat that worrys me more tho mate

I really think the twats will target a prem game, our searches before game are a pain but its something we're going to have to get used to, its the outside threat that worrys me more tho mate
I used to moan at them but hey if they contribute to keeping us safe long may they continue

I'm absolutely convinced that the security measures we have seen over the last two and a half months were put in place because the security services had got wind that somthing like what happened at the MCR arena.
That said our current procedures are pretty woeful. The queues are so long that all a suicide bomber would have to do is join a queue and detonate when half way along. Attacking each queue would see equivalent casualty rates to those seen at the MCR arena. Then, as others have said, attacking City square would cause even more damage.
Something has to be done at the entry/exit routs to the stadium I think:
- Police dogs trained to small explosive used in combination with snatch squads plus
- large pedestrian entry gates that detect quantities of metal (ball-bearings/nails/nut&bolts)
- assisted by image/walking-gate recognition software or known terrorist sympathisers
are the way to go I think.
Not cheap but it will massively improve security.

If they wished to gain entry to the stadium, they just have to leave it until near the end .... the gates near us 132, are opened, and often local kids pile in and watch the last five or ten mins. Makes a mockery of the searches.

Ban all bags/rucksacks. Shouldn't need at a game IMO. The club could provide kids under 10 with a free soft drink and snacks at games.

Another thing that makes a mockery of the searches is this little gem;

My uncle, a lot on here will know him as Badger, got through security checks at two consecutive home games whilst wearing his scarf full of about 3-400 badges under a jacket. On one of the occasions, he unzipped his jacket and asked how the scarf wasn't picked up.

"Ssshhh, there's no batteries in the device." came the reply.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.