Radio Manchester City Coverage

It was truly amazing that day,I only stumbled across this a few years back myself,it makes me get a lump in throat as well,what a day,what an amazing day.........then came the Aguero moment..............................like you say 2 remarkable events and all at our club

I listened to that match on Century FM (I think) and what I remember most is Gary Owen screaming YEEES! repeatedly for what seemed like forever. I'll never forget it.

I used to listen to Blue Tuesday every week, really enjoyed it, and on occasion (usually after a loss) I listen to a bit of Rag Wednesday!
The difference between the two is staggering... and of late, even moreso!

Having caught Blue Tuesday a few times recently the content has been less than positive, and brings the rags up to much for my liking... compare that to the tub-thumping Rag Wednesday, which is like a Rag Fan-club show... it's what our show should be (without the cnuts obviously)!
GMR - and the MEN too - should be biased when it comes to reporting on us... they are for the other mob, so why the obvious difference in style and content?
I haven't listened too much since Ian Cheeseman's mystery disappearance, but they've lost a listener now - our coverage has become unbelievably shite... if our local station can't get behind us, it's a sorry state of affairs!

I used to listen to Blue Tuesday every week, really enjoyed it, and on occasion (usually after a loss) I listen to a bit of Rag Wednesday!
The difference between the two is staggering... and of late, even moreso!

Having caught Blue Tuesday a few times recently the content has been less than positive, and brings the rags up to much for my liking... compare that to the tub-thumping Rag Wednesday, which is like a Rag Fan-club show... it's what our show should be (without the cnuts obviously)!
GMR - and the MEN too - should be biased when it comes to reporting on us... they are for the other mob, so why the obvious difference in style and content?
I haven't listened too much since Ian Cheeseman's mystery disappearance, but they've lost a listener now - our coverage has become unbelievably shite... if our local station can't get behind us, it's a sorry state of affairs!

Agreed, I always listen to Blue Tuesday, though god knows why. If you step back for a moment and look at what is happening at our club, the investment, the facilities, the manager, the players. the very fact that we're in the process of re-defining how football is played in the Premier League is this reflected in Blue Tuesday? The simple answer is no, the structure of the show, the topics they discuss, the sheer small mindedness of it all, it's all "ickle city".

All football coverage is skewed, the reality of football for players, managers, fans, is never reflected, it is so ubiquitous we rarely even comment on it. If it's not smothered in soap opera, it's corporate brand promotion or "popular" coverage, which is little more than tittle tattle click bait bollocks. Hidden amongst all this noises off is Blue Tuesday, which sounds like it's broadcast from a broom cupboard in Media City, beamed in from the 1950's where blokes talk about another football club called City, that apparently plays in Manchester and exists in a sepia coloured parallel universe with the same caste of characters, I say this because I've never visited this parallel universe so I don't recognise it's small minded provincial cosiness, as I'm too busy following my club Manchester City, a dynamic 21st Century club that plays at the Etihad.

Not watched any of that play off stuff for quite a while. Literally made me well up, that. I'm such a fanny.

I have the telly commentary clip on a usb stick in the car that is always on shuffle. If you see a white vw polo going down the road with someone poking through the sun roof doing a fair impression of a mentalists it'll be me. Gets me every time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.