Raheem Sterling - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
His technique and composure isn't great. Can he improve? He definitely has the right coach. His game is too "loose". Passes are bouncing( not to feet). Kicks the ground all these sort of silly things. Frustrations.

I would like Sane given a run of games from the right and G. Jesus on the left.
I think sane can surpass sterling quite easily ,the fundamental footballing technique is already in place.

His technique and composure isn't great. Can he improve? He definitely has the right coach. His game is too "loose". Passes are bouncing( not to feet). Kicks the ground all these sort of silly things. Frustrations.

I think sane can surpass sterling quite easily ,the fundamental footballing technique is already in place.

Sterling has been arguably our most consistent performer this season. Even when he's having a mare, he never hides. He's utterly brilliant and I'm delighted he's a City player. He needs to add a few more goals, but he'll get there eventually.

J
Sterling has been arguably our most consistent performer this season. Even when he's having a mare, he never hides. He's utterly brilliant and I'm delighted he's a City player. He needs to add a few more goals, but he'll get there eventually.

Jury is out for me. Potential is there, however he has been playing at a top level for some time. There is the risk that if his technique doesn't improve this could potentially be his peak.

Should we drop dinho for a.garcia too? The potential is there...
A bit daft to drop our player of the season if you ask me

J

Jury is out for me. Potential is there, however he has been playing at a top level for some time. There is the risk that if his technique doesn't improve this could potentially be his peak.

What technique does he have to improve? Name the specific aspects of his technique which you think are inadequate.

Hiding behind such ambiguous and vague terms like "his technique isn't good" is completely meaningless as a criticism and undermines anyone who uses it.

He's shown he's got everything in his locker, earlier you criticised his composure, ask Bournemouth how composed he is, when he took it round 4 players in the box on his way to a hat trick. Or as West Ham how composed he is after he took it around their keeper like he was playing against toddlers.

People said he's got no left foot and no power, although that's dried up since he absolutely leathered a ball past Cech with his weak foot.

He beats players for fun, he is by far the best dribbler of the ball we have, his attacking passing - through balls and pullbacks are noticeably improving - and these days he's nearly always one of our best 3 players on the pitch.

If you're not convinced by now then you never will be.

I would love him to develop a nasty streak starting tomorrow night.

Rose wound him up last time.

Time to give the twat some back with interest.

Wouldn't like a nasty streak, but would like to see him being more...assertive, or outwardly confident.

Sometimes I think he just wants to avoid the spotlight after the whole Liverpool saga and booing, but I'd like to see him welcome it again, and revel in the attention when he's playing well.

That kind of outward projection of confidence does make a difference to your opposition mentally.

Wouldn't like a nasty streak, but would like to see him being more...assertive, or outwardly confident.

Sometimes I think he just wants to avoid the spotlight after the whole Liverpool saga and booing, but I'd like to see him welcome it again, and revel in the attention when he's playing well.

That kind of outward projection of confidence does make a difference to your opposition mentally.
Either way will do for me.

COME ON CITY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.