Raheem Sterling - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
i feel like a dip in form next season wont be tolerated from a section of supporters.

I have been critical of him in the past (as I am of all the vastly overhyped and overpriced English players) but I have always hoped he'd come good. I dong want him to leave. Maybe the added competition will help and not hinder him.

Still very hopeful (if not confident).

and why is that different to any other player?

dunno, ask the support at large. Players get differing levels of support and levels of tolerance from the crowd in terms of dropping off the boil a bit. I just feel with Raheem that despite being 22/23, he walks a bit of a tightrope.

and why is that different to any other player?
It's no different to Kolarov, Nando and Otamendi who are all established players. It's a far cry from how Sané is treated when he plays badly and it'll be a long way off how the likes of Bernardo, Jesus and Garcia will be treated as well. Stones gets the same treatment for some reason, so maybe it's the English players being held to a higher standard, but it's still ridiculous behaviour and it's audible at games, which can hardly be helping their confidence (although they both seem to have the right mindset that only Guardiola's opinion matters).

Southgate is an idiot playing Rashford RW and Lallana LW, Sterling and Alex coming on made England much more threatening

Who knew putting actual wingers with actual quality on the pitch was better than letting Rashford run into the defenders for 70 minutes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.