Raheem Sterling - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems some are always complaining about Sterling where others just seem blind to any mistakes he makes. It's not black and white you nknow?!
Imho Sterling has done ok so far. He still varies brilliant and poor moments that somehow seems typical for wingers. He needs to make steps up and I expect he will do so.
+1
Sterling continues to be inconsistent - he'll likely be this way throughout his career. Yet he's extremely pacey, can break down defenses one-on-one, is enthusiastic and is an asset to our side.

Excellent performance on Saturday. Really don't understand those that have a problem with him.
There was a bloke who used to stand behind me in the Kippax. All he did was shout abuse at David White every time he played; even if he played out of his skin. He'd completely ignore the blistering runs and pinpoint crosses, but every time he miss-controlled a wayward pass or gave the ball away, he'd give him pelter's.

I think it's the same on here with Raz, and I can't put my finger on why. I thought he had a good, solid game on Saturday without doing too much wrong. He was hungry for the ball, and wasn't shy to get stuck in. Some of the runs off he made off the ball to open up the space for Merlin and KDB to exploit were really intelligent.

There was a bloke who used to stand behind me in the Kippax. All he did was shout abuse at David White every time he played; even if he played out of his skin. He'd completely ignore the blistering runs and pinpoint crosses, but every time he miss-controlled a wayward pass or gave the ball away, he'd give him pelter's.

I think it's the same on here with Raz, and I can't put my finger on why. I thought he had a good, solid game on Saturday without doing too much wrong. He was hungry for the ball, and wasn't shy to get stuck in. Some of the runs off he made off the ball to open up the space for Merlin and KDB to exploit were really intelligent.
I agree. His direct running at the defence caused them all sorts of problems too.

I've always felt that it's at least in part down to where he plays on the pitch. If one of our deeper-lying midfielders makes a wrong decision, it's often not right at the point where we might score. With Sterling, his decision often is the crucial point where we'll score or not.

I'm hoping I'm not coming across as overly critical. Every player makes incorrect decisions. I think people just notice his more and are more affected because of when and where they happen on the pitch.

Raz plays with a lot of intelligence and yet his decision making could be a fair bit better; maybe he overthinks things when he has time to do more than just react. Raz of course is on another level to dear old David White.

Just been bigged up by Durham on TS as excellent on Saturday. Reckons he was one of the best players on the pitch. Hard to disagree.

Just been bigged up by Durham on TS as excellent on Saturday. Reckons he was one of the best players on the pitch. Hard to disagree.

You actually listen to that shite???

As OB1 stated above, the only thing really missing now is his decision making... I've actually treated a few patients like this who have a propensity to cloud judgement through heightened anxiety. He could be, could being the word, a top 5 player in Europe if he learned to play on instinct, he actually accelerates his anxiety with too much time to think.... that said, he's still head and shoulders above the majority who play his position and room to kick on again!

You actually listen to that shite???

As OB1 stated above, the only thing really missing now is his decision making... I've actually treated a few patients like this who have a propensity to cloud judgement through heightened anxiety. He could be, could being the word, a top 5 player in Europe if he learned to play on instinct, he actually accelerates his anxiety with too much time to think.... that said, he's still head and shoulders above the majority who play his position and room to kick on again!
I was in a taxi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.