Rail schemes cancelled (except in the South)

The Joseph Rowntree Foundation conducted extensive research into the range & impact of benefits in Britain.

One thing they looked at was families where there were three jobless generations. The Daily Mail would have you believe that there are loads of the feckless, workshy families but, after extensive research, they found none. Not to say there weren't any at all but nowhere near as many as people think.
Another interesting finding was that the public believed 27% of benefits were fraudulently claimed whereas it was 0.8% in reality.

Like I said in an earlier post, the owner and editor of the DM must be very proud at the results from their disinformation published as fact, and secretly delighted at the number of frightened/gullible types who hoover it up and accept it as fact without doubt. Its frightening really.

Another interesting finding was that the public believed 27% of benefits were fraudulently claimed whereas it was 0.8% in reality.

Nobody knows how much is claimed fraudulently; if they did, they could stop it. Whether it is 0.8%, 8% or 80% is irrelevant - it does not mean fraud should be ignored.

Fucking benefits I was unfortunate to claim last year for 10 days. I had been out of work for 3 weeks and went there as a last resort when funds ran low. The mad woman who interviewed me was a feckin lunatic keeping me there for 2 hours rattling on with her self. I told her I would not be signing on for long and the reason why I was doing so was to cover transport costs when I went back into work. I Got a new job and never went back to sign on...never got a penny. Little Hitlers I feel sorry for anybody that has to frequent one of these places.

Fucking benefits I was unfortunate to claim last year for 10 days. I had been out of work for 3 weeks and went there as a last resort when funds ran low. The mad woman who interviewed me was a feckin lunatic keeping me there for 2 hours rattling on with her self. I told her I would not be signing on for long and the reason why I was doing so was to cover transport costs when I went back into work. I Got a new job and never went back to sign on...never got a penny. Little Hitlers I feel sorry for anybody that has to frequent one of these places.
My experience wasn't much different 15 years ago. Treated like shit, made to jump through hoops and eventually took fuck all in the end anyway.

More like the next generation of scroungers. Kids tend to become a product of their environment - dead-legs breed more dead-legs.

There is no actual evidence to support this.

It is usual right wing anecdotal rubbish

Bullshit. Anybody who says they have never met a family who fits this description has had an extremely sheltered upbringing, or is a liar.

Stats from the Joseph Rowntree Foundation:
  • More than half of those in poverty now live in a working household.
  • The average housing benefit claim for those in work is higher than for those out of work, according to Department for Work and Pensions figures.
  • Only 7 per cent of those who receive out-of-work benefits are estimated to be problem drug users and 4 per cent dependent drinkers.
  • Only 8 per cent of benefit claimants have three or more children.

Stats from the Joseph Rowntree Foundation:
  • More than half of those in poverty now live in a working household.
  • The average housing benefit claim for those in work is higher than for those out of work, according to Department for Work and Pensions figures.
  • Only 7 per cent of those who receive out-of-work benefits are estimated to be problem drug users and 4 per cent dependent drinkers.
  • Only 8 per cent of benefit claimants have three or more children.
And?

All you have done is post statistics that say not all benefits claimants are from dysfunctional families. I said that the sort of parent that makes no effort to work and has kids, despite not having the means to support them, is likely to breed the same. You can show me all the studies you wish, but I prefer to trust my own eyes.

And?

All you have done is post statistics that say not all benefits claimants are from dysfunctional families. I said that the sort of parent that makes no effort to work and has kids, despite not having the means to support them, is likely to breed the same. You can show me all the studies you wish, but I prefer to trust my own eyes.
Given some of the utter bullshit you've spouted, I wouldn't trust your eyes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.