Rate The Season

5/10

Went backwards in the league and domestic cups, and stood still in Europe. Good end to the season provided some gloss.

6 if I am feeling generous.

DenisLawBackHeel74 said:
6/10

Capitulation in the domestic cups and league nowhere near good enough; I think we did ok in CL, through the group stage and knocked out by a resurgent Barca (and likely champs).

Hart & Aguero awards, best GD in the league, some of the most open and attractive football too....

This about sums it up from me too.

Some tactical errors from Pellers and a number of players off form contributed to a poor post christmas period which ultimately ruined our season.

jimharri said:
waspish said:
Gabriel said:
5/10

Successive victories cannot paper over the domestic cracks, starting from the Charity Shield, and European chasms.

Time for a much smaller squad and to run them into the ground.

Apart from the performances no other club would of beat Barcelona so bit unfair about the "European Chasm"
Not really, actually. We only just scraped out of the group. Yes, it was yet another difficult draw. But we're going to keep on getting them until we make some sort of breakthrough (q/f or s/f). We just don't look capable of coming to terms with the challenges of European football. How far have we progressed since we first got into the CL? Hardly at all, I would say.

NO premier team would of got further than us with those games we got dealt in champs league Not ONE

3/10

Poor transfer windows, ittle impact from the signings, we often looked lost. We never really pushed Chelsea, expected them to win it from the first few weeks. Still no great moments in Europe.

On the positive side, a run of form at the end of the year avoided potentially falling out of 4th.

Verdict: mostly shit

Blue Haze said:
3/10

Poor transfer windows, ittle impact from the signings, we often looked lost. We never really pushed Chelsea, expected them to win it from the first few weeks. Still no great moments in Europe.

On the positive side, a run of form at the end of the year avoided potentially falling out of 4th.

fcuk me and your I die hard city fan hey?

5/10.

Overall disappointing, we was never really challenging for the Premier League title, we suffered two poor defeats at home in both domestic cups, and in general we performed very poorly in the Champions League, we were lucky just to get through to the knock-out stages.

Aguero was the best player of the season, Hart just missing out.
Other memorable mentions:
Fernandinho - One of the unsung heroes, very stable, hard worker, and he genuinly loves the club.
Milner - Always gives at least his 100%, provided with a great amount of goals and assists this season. Seems like he's leaving, unfortunately.
And then obviously Silva, my favourite player along with Aguero, no words needed, he's just magnificent.

A decent finish to it rates a 6/10 overall.

There were some up-sides, notably the wins at Southampton, Sunderland and Stoke but the real story of the season was the two goal leads thrown away, dropping 9 points against the relegated teams and only 1 win against the top four. Hopefully MP has finally realised that a 4-4-2 where you're relying on Yaya to defend, is not going to work.

Blue Haze said:
3/10

I'd choose another sport if I where you

7/8 out of 10?! people are blindly generous.

4/10 for me, carried by Kun for most of the season, stars such as Vinnie, Nasri, Yaya, Dzeko have failed, new signings haven't shone, miserably pathetic exit from the domestic cups, sneaked through in the CL, with our highlight of the season in Rome. Having a manager who failed completely this season, and needs to go, and a miserable surrender of our title once again, by the same core of players, with regular under-par performances and results.

Bad season and much surgery is needed for a new era next season. Least we know who's worthy of staying though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.