Realistic outcome now for rest of season

Tactically we are weak, but we could really do with a change of luck when it comes to injuries. We might have some hope if Kompany returns and stays fit to provide some leadership on the pitch. We also looked toothless and desperately missed the option of de Bryune. I seem to remember Pellegrini finally seeing sense and changing his system in the final quarter of last season, he needs to do the same and either bench Yaya or move him forward as it is sad to see him being bypassed in midfield.

All things considered, it's looking pretty grim. I can see us winning the League Cup, scraping through to the quarter finals of the Champions league, going out of the FA Cup at Stamford Bridge and finishing top four without taking our challenge to the last week or two.

Win Cap Cup
Top 4 (Leicester hopefully to win league if not us)

As far as luck will take us in Champs League (we haven't had much)

Show some fight at Chelsea, with a weakened team, and hope it's enough

Could have been so much different without the relatively long term injuries

Our only hope is that being written off by the media (again) and the sense of injustice will galvanise us. Also the fact that we are the only team in the title race that has actually won the league. Vinny coming back and staying fit could also be huge.

I'm confident we will finish top four, but like Everton previously, we may miss out as an English side (Liverpool then, Chelsea now) outside of the top four win the fooking thing.

The cup final is a tricky one as we know Liverpool will be high energy, high pressing, and have a high workrate, so it just really depends whether Yaya, Silva and Kompany et all can be arsed. If they are arsed we'll win the League Cup simples, if they can't be bothered we won't, simple really.

The only saving grace regarding the top four is that rags are worse than us at the moment and we are 6 points clear of them.

We are not going to finish top four. A piss poor squad and even Pep will find it difficult in his first season.

League cup and securing at least top 4 but preferably top 3 in the league. As for champions league we have to reach the quarters and see where luck takes us, chelsea won it with worse than us so who knows.

We are not going to finish top four. A piss poor squad and even Pep will find it difficult in his first season.

"Piss poor squad"? Seriously? We have an exceptional squad who are simply not being coached nor being given a gameplan nor feeling inspired and motivated to win. That, I think you'll find, is the result of having a Piss Poor manager.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.