Referees/Officials 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems the agenda is dying down a bit in recent weeks. Decent refs, positive articles, pundits gushing in their praise. Whatever next?

David Silva a getting a spot in Team of the Season? Nah, that's just stretching credulity to breaking point!

Watched Schalke v Whoever they played on Friday and the ref was female. Good performance too. I wonder if there were a highly contentious decision would the offenders shove and push this gal?

Or maybe some contributors’ previous paranoia was over the top?
I think words have been had in high places. I just wonder if someone at the club has been compiling a dossier and just decided enough is enough. I certainly wouldn't be surprised if we had enough evidence to accuse the PiGMOL of cheating or corruption; certainly enough to make them squirm.

After Walker and Sterling saw red earlier this season we seem to be getting a fair rub of the green. You have to admit, last season and early this season there were some very strange refereeing decisions against us, and for our rivals. To an extent, Chelsea seem to still be benefiting from some weird decisions. Hazard again yesterday. Clearly should have been a goal kick, but the resulting corner led to the opening goal for them.

I just hope a corner has been turned, and we can start to sense the whiff of corruption drifting away from the game. Last season, it was stinking the place out.

I think words have been had in high places. I just wonder if someone at the club has been compiling a dossier and just decided enough is enough. I certainly wouldn't be surprised if we had enough evidence to accuse the PiGMOL of cheating or corruption; certainly enough to make them squirm.

After Walker and Sterling saw red earlier this season we seem to be getting a fair rub of the green. You have to admit, last season and early this season there were some very strange refereeing decisions against us, and for our rivals. To an extent, Chelsea seem to still be benefiting from some weird decisions. Hazard again yesterday. Clearly should have been a goal kick, but the resulting corner led to the opening goal for them.

I just hope a corner has been turned, and we can start to sense the whiff of corruption drifting away from the game. Last season, it was stinking the place out.

I was thinking about that, but we have dominated games so absolutely that I think they realize any biased calls will stand out even more. If it's close, they can make a decision and change the result. On the other hand, the rags have gotten away with several penalties and not a single call. Looks like this might be another Purplenose retirement kind of season for them regarding officiating... no red cards, no penalties, and lots of other favors.

Apart from the lady who didn't flag for a throw-in to us when the ball was about a yard out if play around block 107.
You mean the one the ref gave from his much better position nowhere near the line?
It didn't look out from the second tier at the north end. Maybe she told him her view was obscured.

You mean the one the ref gave from his much better position nowhere near the line?
It didn't look out from the second tier at the north end. Maybe she told him her view was obscured.
He was at 90 degree's to it and got it right but it was poor from her, apart from that I thought all the officials did really well, that said I've seen no mention/replay of the 'scrap' down the other end in the first half.

Sorry if in the wrong place. But, did anyone read the article about an interview with Clattenberg yesterday?
Apparently best refs use context and balance in their refereeing. In other words, if they are made to feel they got something wrong in the first half, then they can make up for it 2nd half. And is the reason we cannot get consistency.
I need to go in a dark room and think this through, but immediate thought was that this is so wrong.

Sorry if in the wrong place. But, did anyone read the article about an interview with Clattenberg yesterday?
Apparently best refs use context and balance in their refereeing. In other words, if they are made to feel they got something wrong in the first half, then they can make up for it 2nd half. And is the reason we cannot get consistency.
I need to go in a dark room and think this through, but immediate thought was that this is so wrong.
Yes. I'm not surprised it goes on, but for Clattenberg to openly admit it......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.