Referees/Officials 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if in the wrong place. But, did anyone read the article about an interview with Clattenberg yesterday?
Apparently best refs use context and balance in their refereeing. In other words, if they are made to feel they got something wrong in the first half, then they can make up for it 2nd half. And is the reason we cannot get consistency.
I need to go in a dark room and think this through, but immediate thought was that this is so wrong.
+1

Two wrongs don't make a right.

Bring on instant replay and let the refs make sure that match-changing calls are correct.

+1

Two wrongs don't make a right.

Bring on instant replay and let the refs make sure that match-changing calls are correct.

Shame the ref in the Everton game who wrongly binned off Walker in the first half did not correct his error by sending an Everton player off in the second half.
I think balancing does go on but not all the time, I wonder if some clubs benefit more than others from balancing??

Sorry if in the wrong place. But, did anyone read the article about an interview with Clattenberg yesterday?
Apparently best refs use context and balance in their refereeing. In other words, if they are made to feel they got something wrong in the first half, then they can make up for it 2nd half. And is the reason we cannot get consistency.
I need to go in a dark room and think this through, but immediate thought was that this is so wrong.

which interview is it? or article

Was it not Twattenburg that gave the penalty because Sterling touched the ball with his spine?

I do not remember any empathy following the epiphany moment that surely must have followed that crap (corrupt) decision

Shame the ref in the Everton game who wrongly binned off Walker in the first half did not correct his error by sending an Everton player off in the second half.
I think balancing does go on but not all the time, I wonder if some clubs benefit more than others from balancing??
If I remember correctly Clatterbug didn't use balancing when the spuds beat us 4-1 a couple of seasons ago. Miles offside in the first half for their equaliser and then another offside at a free kick in the second half for their third.

To be fair, it does say that it's his opinion, rather than fact.
It does say that he views 'empathy' as being important and that he evens things up.

He also says that Mourinho was one who harangued him in the ref's room so much that he hurled his boots on the floor and told Mourinho to get out. Turned out that he was right in his decision on the pitch, but Mourinho never apologised (unlike other unnamed).

He's also wrong about a friendly he reffed, getting the score wrong, and when the goals were scored.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.