Referees/Officials 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The corrupt was not directed at anyone in particular but we view ref errors not in our favour as evidence of bias. I agree though, and said earlier, sending players off for every offence to the letter of the law would ruin the game as a spectacle.

Refs should be able to use a bit of discretion and not overly influence the results of matches by sending players off for a mistimed tackle
"sending players off for every offence to the letter of the law
sending players off for a mistimed tackle"
Great strawman there

"not overly influence the results of matches"
By sending off players for leg breakers, when the ball has long gone and the "tackler" has eyes only on the victim, not once but several times in a season, with the bulk of those going one way

Gotcha.
Should also let non goalkeeping opponents use their hands to block shots without penalty or card, don't want to influence results do we.

"sending players off for every offence to the letter of the law
sending players off for a mistimed tackle"
Great strawman there

"not overly influence the results of matches"
By sending off players for leg breakers, when the ball has long gone and the "tackler" has eyes only on the victim, not once but several times in a season, with the bulk of those going one way

Gotcha.
Should also let non goalkeeping opponents use their hands to block shots without penalty or card, don't want to influence results do we.

Not quite sure what your point is here. No, I do not think Zinchenko or similar challenges should be sending off offences even though under the letter of the law it could be argued it was a sending off offence.

Yesterday was a case in point. One mistime tackle in an otherwise pretty clean game could have heavily influenced the result and that is the concern if we start sending players off for every mistimed offence.

To all those on here saying that you think it was a red think about it

City have had 9 challenges in the recent past that you all probably agree were reds but according to the referees in this country they werent. Therefore you need to change your perception as to what is or isnt a red card and judge the Zinchenko challenge in line with Puncheons, Delle Ali, Kane, Murphy, Bennett et al and if they were deemed yellow card offences there is no way that the challenge yesterday was a red card offence

No that’s bollocks, Zinchenko’s was a red card offence and so were the 10-11 against us this season. Delph’s was also a red card. Don’t get me wrong I loved nothing more than Michael Brown and Kevin Horlock smashing fuck out of Sheff Utd players god knows how many years back but football has moved on and dangerous tackles whether intentional or not should be red cards.

Lol, Please stop with the compliments. Funnily enough I think under the laws of the game its probably a red but I would prefer, and I include some of the decisions against us, a yellow to be given so as not to ruin the game. For me Zinchenko misjudged the pass and consequently dived in but I doubt there was any intent there. Just poor decision-making at that monent. If some fans had there way, and the ref always followed the letter of the law, there would be sides down to 10 men every match which for me would ruin the spectacle.

Haha, harsh but true sorry.

I agree if referees followed the rules it would see most teams down to 10 men very quickly but it would also soon stop the ridiculous attacks we’ve had against us this season. Personally I don’t think Delph or Zinchenko’s tackles were malicious but they were both dangerous and I think deserved red.

Not quite sure what your point is here. No, I do not think Zinchenko or similar challenges should be sending off offences even though under the letter of the law it could be argued it was a sending off offence.

Yesterday was a case in point. One mistime tackle in an otherwise pretty clean game could have heavily influenced the result and that is the concern if we start sending players off for every mistimed offence.

indeed, which is why Taylor screwed us over in the Wigan game when he sent off Delph. In contrast, games have been turned against us by the fact that we've been on the end of a number of truly horrendous challenges which in no way can be described as mistimed, which have allowed players to stay on the field when they should have been off and made the game harder for us and cost us several players due to injury. We've been done by a double whammy which has hampered us, amazing we've had such a record regardless.

Yesterday was one of the rare occasions where we were treated fairly in that scenario, however the rest of Oliver's performance for both sides could be described as poor.

Haha, harsh but true sorry.

I agree if referees followed the rules it would see most teams down to 10 men very quickly but it would also soon stop the ridiculous attacks we’ve had against us this season. Personally I don’t think Delph or Zinchenko’s tackles were malicious but they were both dangerous and I think deserved red.

Which would not be a problem had we not had numerous leg breakers committed against us, with sometimes not even a free kick.

Which would not be a problem had we not had numerous leg breakers committed against us, with sometimes not even a free kick.

Completely agree pal, the refereeing against us this season has been a fucking disgrace. We all know we’re playing to different rules than certain other teams (two in particular) who wouldn’t even be 18 points clear if it had been officiated equally for all teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.