Referees/Officials 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
England does have a big problem in that there is a very small group of 'elite' refs, and some just appear to be very poor. That group would need expanding significantly if any serious sanction was taken against refs not doing their job right. Can anyone tell me how big the elite ref pools are in Italy, Spain or Germany? @Vialli98 maybe

I have no idea tbh mate. I don't follow the other leagues as closely as I follow our own.

Jon Moss, he of Crystal Palace and Dippers/Spuds infamy, is in charge for Stoke. Only hope is Woy needs Stoke to lose to help Palace's cause...

A good opportunity for him to apologise to Jesus for not allowing treatment and telling him to get up when he got injured.

I usually think you’re an attention seeking whore intent on being decisive on this thread but even I agree with you that it should have been a red. Zinchenko has lunged with studs up, I don’t think he meant to hurt Moses in any way but it was a dangerous and reckless tackle.
Reckless is a yellow card.

People talk about intent, studs up, two feet off the ground, out of control, etc but the criteria for cards (or not) is as follows:
  • Careless is when a player shows a lack of attention or consideration when making a challenge or acts without precaution. No disciplinary sanction is needed
  • Reckless is when a player acts with disregard to the danger to, or consequences for, an opponent and must be cautioned
  • Using excessive force is when a player exceeds the necessary use of force and endangers the safety of an opponent and must be sent off
Zinchenko's was reckless at worst. Therefore yellow was correct. Puncheon on KDB was an out-and-out red card. Bennett on Sane was a red on two counts - excessive force and denial of a clear goal scoring opportunity. Delph's was also a yellow in my view as it was more reckless than excessive force.

Reckless is a yellow card.

People talk about intent, studs up, two feet off the ground, out of control, etc but the criteria for cards (or not) is as follows:
  • Careless is when a player shows a lack of attention or consideration when making a challenge or acts without precaution. No disciplinary sanction is needed
  • Reckless is when a player acts with disregard to the danger to, or consequences for, an opponent and must be cautioned
  • Using excessive force is when a player exceeds the necessary use of force and endangers the safety of an opponent and must be sent off
Zinchenko's was reckless at worst. Therefore yellow was correct. Puncheon on KDB was an out-and-out red card. Bennett on Sane was a red on two counts - excessive force and denial of a clear goal scoring opportunity. Delph's was also a yellow in my view as it was more reckless than excessive force.

"Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force or endangers the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play."

Zinchenko most definitely lunged at Moses, and his raised studs going way above the ball definitely endangered Moses too.

I think referees would be very much split 50/50 with giving that a red card, and if he had been sent off there'd be no viable complaints, as that's definitely a possible interpretation of that tackle.

Delph's also the exact definition of excessive force, have you not rewatched it? He goes flying into that challenge at a dangerous speed. 9/10 referees give that as a red.

A case of light Blue tinted specs going on here for some.

"Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force or endangers the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play."

Zinchenko most definitely lunged at Moses, and his raised studs going way above the ball definitely endangered Moses too.

I think referees would be very much split 50/50 with giving that a red card, and if he had been sent off there'd be no viable complaints, as that's definitely a possible interpretation of that tackle.

Delph's also the exact definition of excessive force, have you not rewatched it? He goes flying into that challenge at a dangerous speed. 9/10 referees give that as a red.

There's no excessive force. He's sliding for a bit before he reaches him.

There's no excessive force. He's sliding for a bit before he reaches him.

Assuming you're talking about Delph's tackle as it's the only one I mentioned excessive force in, you'll have to find me the part of the rules which says sliding into a tackle means it's not excessively forceful.

no, they don't. Hence why Delph is virtually the only person to be sent off for a tackle like that this season, even Taylor was going to book him before being reminded otherwise.

Assuming you're talking about Delph's tackle as it's the only one I mentioned excessive force in, you'll have to find me the part of the rules which says sliding into a tackle means it's not excessively forceful.

Sorry, I was referring to Zinchenko's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.