Renato Sanches

haha, I found it. Bruno Borges, apparently real wanted to do some bone tests on him to prove his age but he refused and went to Bayern instead, then proceeded to burn his villa down and get sent down for 3yrs.

Breno Borges.

That was a really sad story - very talented player, got depressed after constant injuries, alcoholism and burned the house down for the insurance money, after telling his wife to take the kids away and then jumping out of the top story window in a possible suicide attempt - at 21.

Bayern worked out a day-release while he was at prison where he coached their academy players during his sentence - always thought that was a nice touch.

He's playing football in Brazil again now.

Breno Borges.

That was a really sad story - very talented player, got depressed after constant injuries, alcoholism and burned the house down for the insurance money, after telling his wife to take the kids away and then jumping out of the top story window in a possible suicide attempt - at 21.

Bayern worked out a day-release while he was at prison where he coached their academy players during his sentence - always thought that was a nice touch.

He's playing football in Brazil again now.

Had nothing to do with insurance money - he only rented the house.

Breno came at a time when Bayern did not really have a plan to integrate the Brazilians. We before had Ze Roberto who was important for the integration and was somehow the "mother" of the South Americans at Bayern. Today Rafinha is the one who takes care a lot.

Breno did not really integrate and did not learn language etc. - his loan spell and his constant injuries kept him away from the team, too. I think that Bayern did some mistakes there, too - if you import young guys from other continents you have to really take care a lot. But they learnt a lot of it.
They took a lot care of him after the fire. I know that Hoeneß and Rafinha often visited him during his prison time and took care of his family - he learned German and the last year of his sentence he worked for Bayern's youth department and went to prison overnight (like Hoeneß did the last months of his tax sentence).

------------

Roberto Sanches has the advantage that there is Rafinha and Thiago. Both took care of Costa in the recent season and will do it again with Roberto Sanches.

Had nothing to do with insurance money - he only rented the house.

Breno came at a time when Bayern did not really have a plan to integrate the Brazilians. We before had Ze Roberto who was important for the integration and was somehow the "mother" of the South Americans at Bayern. Today Rafinha is the one who takes care a lot.

Breno did not really integrate and did not learn language etc. - his loan spell and his constant injuries kept him away from the team, too. I think that Bayern did some mistakes there, too - if you import young guys from other continents you have to really take care a lot. But they learnt a lot of it.
They took a lot care of him after the fire. I know that Hoeneß and Rafinha often visited him during his prison time and took care of his family - he learned German and the last year of his sentence he worked for Bayern's youth department and went to prison overnight (like Hoeneß did the last months of his tax sentence).

------------

Roberto Sanches has the advantage that there is Rafinha and Thiago. Both took care of Costa in the recent season and will do it again with Roberto Sanches.

You might know better than I, but didn't Bayern come out and defend the treatment they offered Breno? Offered him a translator and assistant, which he declined? Tragic story either way. Hadn't heard the name in ages, so I'm happy to hear it if he's doing well.

For FantasyIreland's benefit: Renato Sanches, looks a player. Looking forward to bidding a lot of money for him in 5 years.

You might know better than I, but didn't Bayern come out and defend the treatment they offered Breno? Offered him a translator and assistant, which he declined? Tragic story either way. Hadn't heard the name in ages, so I'm happy to hear it if he's doing well.

For FantasyIreland's benefit: Renato Sanches, looks a player. Looking forward to bidding a lot of money for him in 5 years.

There were translators etc. - the normal player treatment. But Breno somehow was a special case. It is a difference if a Roque Santa Cruz (just to take somebody that came directly from South America young) - good educated with language skills out of a middle class home and eager to get to know foreign countries comes to Germany - or if it is a guy that lacks this education and only comes for the football. They were about the same age when they came. Roque had fun from the start. For others it is a foreign country, with cold weather, the people and customs are strange and they hide in their families and do not have other contacts. It they are in the group of players doing normal training sessions, going on trips with them they will be able to adapt easily - Breno was somehow out of the group with his injuries. And their was not Brazilian but Lucio (and he left in 2009) who was living his own live.

Breno was a story that totally ran wrong. A very instabile young men in a foreign world. Bayern did not have the Brazilians anymore in the team they had before. He was in an injury crisis. The normal "treatment" (help with all the paper work, finding house and furniture etc., translator and German classes) was just not enough here and Bayern did not have a "caretaking" system like Leverkusen has it for his South Americans. I blame Bayern a little that they did not really remarked what happened with Breno. He was out of the team and because of his long time injury they did not really count with him anymore. They did a lot after the fire.

Apart from Roque and Demichelis - and Breno - Bayern usually had South Americans that already were accustomed to Germany before. And with them it worked great.

I don't understand why we let Renato goes to Bayern easily !

Instead of willing to spend +50m on 29 years old Bonucci , we could spend that on Renato who has the potential to be world class CM.

There were translators etc. - the normal player treatment. But Breno somehow was a special case. It is a difference if a Roque Santa Cruz (just to take somebody that came directly from South America young) - good educated with language skills out of a middle class home and eager to get to know foreign countries comes to Germany - or if it is a guy that lacks this education and only comes for the football. They were about the same age when they came. Roque had fun from the start. For others it is a foreign country, with cold weather, the people and customs are strange and they hide in their families and do not have other contacts. It they are in the group of players doing normal training sessions, going on trips with them they will be able to adapt easily - Breno was somehow out of the group with his injuries. And their was not Brazilian but Lucio (and he left in 2009) who was living his own live.

Breno was a story that totally ran wrong. A very instabile young men in a foreign world. Bayern did not have the Brazilians anymore in the team they had before. He was in an injury crisis. The normal "treatment" (help with all the paper work, finding house and furniture etc., translator and German classes) was just not enough here and Bayern did not have a "caretaking" system like Leverkusen has it for his South Americans. I blame Bayern a little that they did not really remarked what happened with Breno. He was out of the team and because of his long time injury they did not really count with him anymore. They did a lot after the fire.

Apart from Roque and Demichelis - and Breno - Bayern usually had South Americans that already were accustomed to Germany before. And with them it worked great.

can't believe you brought up Crocky on here.

Instead of willing to spend +50m on 29 years old Bonucci , we could spend that on Renato who has the potential to be world class CM.

True. The EURO awarded 'Young Players of the Tournament' are Sanches, Coman and Guerreiro (LB).
Sanches and Coman at Bayern.
Guerreiro is joining Dortmund.

Not seen a huge amount of Sanches, but I'm not sure he's disciplined enough to play centre half. But otherwise, good point.

Maybe I've not been watching closely enough but I can't say he's stood out that much, definitely not enough to claim he could be a world class CM.

He'll probably rip trees up next year at Bayern now.

Can't believe he's 18, not just his technical ability but physically he's strong, good balance.

Very glad Utd didn't get him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.