Rochdale

Up the Dale.
The place seems to be cursed.
Been neglected for years. Only ever in the news for bad reasons.
Represented for years by that fat bastard Cyril Smith, who was too busy eating and doing 'other stuff' to get anything done for the town. Bang out of order the way he was protected.
Now they've got a load of fucking cranks trying to win a byj-election that is a laughing stock.
It comes to something when Daft Donald is on the BBC as the voice of reason.

Good to see a mention of Kenny Carr above too

"Coming on for City, er ...... er, er, ........ Ken Carr"

The announcer sounded like something out of Phoenix Nights.

I thought he looked decent and was Ali Benarbia Mark II.

Unless I've missed it I've seen nothing about the football club being in deep shit on the local news.

Oldham & especially Bury when in do-do were pushed into the general public's eye but nothing on Rochdale.

Too full of red shirt stuff it's a disgrace.

Wednesday might have had a decent average attendance when they first went to the third division. I'm thinking about the season when they had around 49,000 for a derby game.
Not sure about Villa at the same level.
I went to both Sheffield derbies that season late 70s had a load of mates who were wednesdayites the Boxing Day 4-0 at Hillsboro was supposed to be just over 49k but many reckon it was at least 52 k highest ever for a third Div game beating Villa 48k The return was a 1-1 draw at the PigStye 46k about 2k Wednesday in their end taking liberties all game.

Don't get your hopes up over the new owners.

I smell a Bury situation about them.
At this stage, any new owner is preferable to going bust within the month.

If they turn out to be as bad as Bury’s owner, then they’ll go bust anyway.

This gives them some chance, at least.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.