Saturday night games on the way.

If we get all around the stadium how we want it quick it will be good for us. After the match there will be a nice open area with cafe's and a few wine bars. I think a lot would stay on for a couple to round off the day. I did see plans to have wide open areas with flats lining the walk into town right? I can't think of a more pleasant way to finish the day. Surrounded by other, hopefully happy with the result, blues stopping at a whisky bar or whatever they have to go for a drinkypoos as the rest amble into town for the train etc.

If we play our cards right with that idea then Saturday night matches could be perfect for our club, maybe a City hotel along the way for those wanting to relax after a Saturday evening match rather than get vexed in traffic. It would be close enough to the centre so business and other travelers would use it to. Again with the bars along the walk, those in the local new flats etc would be taking up non footy day slack.

It may be a big ask but the idea i think is very agreeable.

Last edited:
The idea of a Saturday night game doesn't really bother me, infact I'd probably enjoy the odd one or two a season home or away. The football is incorporated in my day/night out anyway on a Saturday so it'd make no difference to me.

However, will Uefa push European competition to weekends if the viewing figures for the Saturday night games be higher than the Champions League midweek games? That would have an adverse effect on match going because more league games will have to be played midweek to accommodate.

I don't know who brings in the most viewers between Champions League and Premier League midweek or the most money to clubs so money is still likely to be the main factor when considering moving European games to a weekend.

All I know is that TV obviously feel that they can potentially get more viewers from 7:45 Saturday night games so for example if City v Everton gets huge interest, what would City v Bayern, Juventus or Barca get on a Saturday night?

The missus can watch whatever she wants in the 50 minutes between the live match and MOTD.

I don't watch any of the shite on a Saturday night. It's utter dross. But I don't really want football. I'm missing the Tottenham game because it's Saturday night as the wife and me go out into town. It's coming though. Very soon every single game will be live across many time slots.

I don't watch any of the shite on a Saturday night. It's utter dross. But I don't really want football. I'm missing the Tottenham game because it's Saturday night as the wife and me go out into town. It's coming though. Very soon every single game will be live across many time slots.
Football sold its soul in 1992 and there is no going back I’m afraid. Multiple kick off times are no doubt the future.
Spain is a lot bigger than England, so the distances are somewhat greater, but they’re already doing it there. This weekend has 10 different kick off times for the 10 matches.

Spanish LA LIGA Friday night.
Alaves v Las Palmas, which is a 2500 miles round trip!

SPANISH LA LIGA Saturday
Getafe 12:00 Eibar
Real Madrid 15:15 Sevilla
Deportivo 17:30 Leganes
Valencia 19:45 Celta Vigo
Sunday
Real Sociedad 11:00 Malaga
Real Betis 15:15 Atletico Madrid
Levante 17:30 Athletic Bilbao
Villarreal 19:45 Barcelona
Monday
Espanyol 19:45 Girona

Personally, I’d have no problem with this if the fixed the times at the start of the season or if they abandoned 3 o’clock on Saturday altogether and just left it for the Football League.

Football sold its soul in 1992 and there is no going back I’m afraid. Multiple kick off times are no doubt the future.
Spain is a lot bigger than England, so the distances are somewhat greater, but they’re already doing it there. This weekend has 10 different kick off times for the 10 matches.

Spanish LA LIGA Friday night.
Alaves v Las Palmas, which is a 2500 miles round trip!

SPANISH LA LIGA Saturday
Getafe 12:00 Eibar
Real Madrid 15:15 Sevilla
Deportivo 17:30 Leganes
Valencia 19:45 Celta Vigo
Sunday
Real Sociedad 11:00 Malaga
Real Betis 15:15 Atletico Madrid
Levante 17:30 Athletic Bilbao
Villarreal 19:45 Barcelona
Monday
Espanyol 19:45 Girona

Personally, I’d have no problem with this if the fixed the times at the start of the season or if they abandoned 3 o’clock on Saturday altogether and just left it for the Football League.

The Spanish don't really bother with away games though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.