Scottish Blues

3 coaches came down during Pearce's tenure for 1 game(can't remember which). They we were here when we were shit alright!

Good on you mate all City fans are equal as far as I'm concerned I've lived in Scotland for 35 years and travel to games with some Perth Blues who are as 'City' than any Manchester blues that I know.
One point though you mentioned when we were shite the worst we have ever been in my life time was early 60's

Hello Scottish blues,

We setup the supporters Club in 2011 to improve network of City supporters in the Aberdeen area and surroundings.
About us and the committee - From humble beginnings (4 of us heading down in a car to the matches) we have grown to become a well networked supporter club who meet up for matches and get together to watch games. We have approximately 100 members (majority of these members are Season card holders)
When possible we share travel arrangements and access to tickets, regular buses are ran from Edinburgh and we have also run buses from Aberdeen in the past.
We meet up at pubs in Aberdeen for matches when unable to attend the match and we tend to meet at a pub beside the ground before home matches usually Mary D’s, Eastlands or Townley.

Branch Perks
  • Opportunity to network with City fans in local area
  • Share Travel arrangements and cost traveling to matches
  • Opportunity to purchase tickets via the supporters Club for Home and Away matches
  • Priority access for bus trips (currently planning Sunderland away for March)
  • Access to Facebook Page and www.mcfc.ws website
  • Email address i.e. FirstName.LastName@mcfc.ws
  • Access to Mary D’s pub members area if requested
  • Opportunity to raise money for CITC and the branch chosen charities
  • Trophy and fundraising nights
If you are interested joining the North East Scotland branch please email committee@mcfc.ws who will discuss membership with you and provide access to facebook page (closed group for branch communications).

Highlights & Lowlights of 2015/16 season

Membership and Branch Members

The branch is made up of City fans who are born in Scotland and Mancs who are exiled in Scotland, we have members based in all major Cities in Scotland.

The branch has members across the entire Scotland, this pie chart shows a % breakdown by region.
2mhd4jd.png

- Numerous Branch meet-ups throughout the season in Scotland and throughout England
- Improved communication of branch members leading to shared and cheaper travel
- Branch day-out organised in Dundee for Saturday 30th July
- The Facebook supporter club page has 147 members and 7 admins – so that’s just over 150 individual facebook users.
- The branch has approximately 100 members and approximately 60% of those members used the branch to purchase a ticket in the 2015/16 season.
- Sofia Belle Ramsay became our youngest and newest Branch Member on 08/04/2016 and had a 2 page spread on the Stoke Home Match day Program

Tickets

- Approximately 250 tickets requested through the branch for match day tickets
- 43 branch members in attendance at League Cup Final
- A minimum of one Branch Member was in attendance at the following away matches: Arsenal, Aston Villa, Bournemouth, Chelsea, Chelsea FA Cup, Crystal Palace, Liverpool Cup Final, Everton, Everton, Juventus, Leicester, Liverpool, Madrid , Manchester united, Monchengladbach, Newcastle , Norwich, Palace, PSG , Sevilla, Southampton , Spurs, Stoke, Sunderland, Swansea , Watford, West Brom & West Ham

Supporter Club 5-Aside Football team @ Goals

- Improve communications in Aberdeen area of branch members
- Aim to submit teams into tournament at CFA next season
- Provision of football kits
- Members who had slipped off the radar have re-joined and now participating in 5-aside team - The Pep Shop Boys

Fund Raising

- The North East Scotland Manchester City Supporters Club have been raising money for Hand on Heart Charity; aim is to provide a Defibrillator to a Local School here in the North East of Scotland. - the branch made a donation of £300; fundraising is the responsibility of all members

MCFC.ws Club Website

- We had some excellent content uploaded to the website www.mcfc.ws
- Towards the end of the season the amount of content stagnated and we must look to maintain posting content to the website.

Branch Logo

- A new Branch logo has been designed and decision was made not to change branch name

BranchMCFC_Outer.png

Cheers,
D

You can get from Edinburgh to Manchester in 3 hrs 20 mins,same return.
3pm Saturday and Sunday kick offs are a great day out with some mates.
Easier for me as I work in the railway so booking of tickets no problem.
Due to TV working out plans for games is a nightmare,so much planning involved,add in rail works it an be an exhausting day.
The best trains for a 3:00pm kick off are the 10:12 from Waverley down and the 18:15 back from Piccadilly.

It gets more complicated if the match is moved for TV. If there is a 5:30 kick off it is next to impossible to get back by train so it will entail an overnight stop or a four hour drive each way. The worst situation is when parts of the West Coast Main Line are closed for engineering work. It is possible to go via York but it is a lot more expensive.

The best trains for a 3:00pm kick off are the 10:12 from Waverley down and the 18:15 back from Piccadilly.

It gets more complicated if the match is moved for TV. If there is a 5:30 kick off it is next to impossible to get back by train so it will entail an overnight stop or a four hour drive each way. The worst situation is when parts of the West Coast Main Line are closed for engineering work. It is possible to go via York but it is a lot more expensive.

Tell me about it. Travel from Berwick upon Tweed via York ( no £25 return tickets for me ).. Season Card holder who gets to most home and away games.

For Edinburgh based lads, a bus is run a few times a season, infact they done 1 for Yesterdays game, feel free to pm me for Tams number who organises it.

Tell me about it. Travel from Berwick upon Tweed via York ( no £25 return tickets for me ).. Season Card holder who gets to most home and away games.

For Edinburgh based lads, a bus is run a few times a season, infact they done 1 for Yesterdays game, feel free to pm me for Tams number who organises it.

I never knew that :-(

Engineering works are a nightmare planning wise.
The end of last season was a nightmare.Seemed like to go on for ever.
That bridge repair after the storm followed by engineering works.
Usually a game or two when your destination and departure is Victoria
Keep your eyes on station posters for engineering works for that one.
I stayed in Altrincham Travelodge last night.
Night shift tonight so it makes sense to not rush about trying to get back.

Hello Scottish blues,

We setup the supporters Club in 2011 to improve network of City supporters in the Aberdeen area and surroundings.
About us and the committee - From humble beginnings (4 of us heading down in a car to the matches) we have grown to become a well networked supporter club who meet up for matches and get together to watch games. We have approximately 100 members (majority of these members are Season card holders)
When possible we share travel arrangements and access to tickets, regular buses are ran from Edinburgh and we have also run buses from Aberdeen in the past.
We meet up at pubs in Aberdeen for matches when unable to attend the match and we tend to meet at a pub beside the ground before home matches usually Mary D’s, Eastlands or Townley.

Branch Perks
  • Opportunity to network with City fans in local area
  • Share Travel arrangements and cost traveling to matches
  • Opportunity to purchase tickets via the supporters Club for Home and Away matches
  • Priority access for bus trips (currently planning Sunderland away for March)
  • Access to Facebook Page and www.mcfc.ws website
  • Email address i.e. FirstName.LastName@mcfc.ws
  • Access to Mary D’s pub members area if requested
  • Opportunity to raise money for CITC and the branch chosen charities
  • Trophy and fundraising nights
If you are interested joining the North East Scotland branch please email committee@mcfc.ws who will discuss membership with you and provide access to facebook page (closed group for branch communications).

Highlights & Lowlights of 2015/16 season

Membership and Branch Members

The branch is made up of City fans who are born in Scotland and Mancs who are exiled in Scotland, we have members based in all major Cities in Scotland.

The branch has members across the entire Scotland, this pie chart shows a % breakdown by region.
2mhd4jd.png

- Numerous Branch meet-ups throughout the season in Scotland and throughout England
- Improved communication of branch members leading to shared and cheaper travel
- Branch day-out organised in Dundee for Saturday 30th July
- The Facebook supporter club page has 147 members and 7 admins – so that’s just over 150 individual facebook users.
- The branch has approximately 100 members and approximately 60% of those members used the branch to purchase a ticket in the 2015/16 season.
- Sofia Belle Ramsay became our youngest and newest Branch Member on 08/04/2016 and had a 2 page spread on the Stoke Home Match day Program

Tickets

- Approximately 250 tickets requested through the branch for match day tickets
- 43 branch members in attendance at League Cup Final
- A minimum of one Branch Member was in attendance at the following away matches: Arsenal, Aston Villa, Bournemouth, Chelsea, Chelsea FA Cup, Crystal Palace, Liverpool Cup Final, Everton, Everton, Juventus, Leicester, Liverpool, Madrid , Manchester united, Monchengladbach, Newcastle , Norwich, Palace, PSG , Sevilla, Southampton , Spurs, Stoke, Sunderland, Swansea , Watford, West Brom & West Ham

Supporter Club 5-Aside Football team @ Goals

- Improve communications in Aberdeen area of branch members
- Aim to submit teams into tournament at CFA next season
- Provision of football kits
- Members who had slipped off the radar have re-joined and now participating in 5-aside team - The Pep Shop Boys

Fund Raising

- The North East Scotland Manchester City Supporters Club have been raising money for Hand on Heart Charity; aim is to provide a Defibrillator to a Local School here in the North East of Scotland. - the branch made a donation of £300; fundraising is the responsibility of all members

MCFC.ws Club Website

- We had some excellent content uploaded to the website www.mcfc.ws
- Towards the end of the season the amount of content stagnated and we must look to maintain posting content to the website.

Branch Logo

- A new Branch logo has been designed and decision was made not to change branch name

BranchMCFC_Outer.png

Cheers,
D

and Bucharest :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.