Scousers vote for safe standing

Let me clarify - I meant a positive impact on atmosphere. I'm well aware of some of the unpalatable songs in their repertoire but from a general atmosphere point of view, it's been bouncing in that section.

Agree about not having it near the away fans if it happens at City - a redeveloped North Stand would be the best place IMO.

our repertoire ain't exactly spotless, in fact it seems to have gone downhill with the scrotes that seem to make the away end their home, in between drug and smoking sessions in the loo.

How did they vote for it ? Was it on an email with a loaded question "Would you be more or less likely to visit the club shop before / after the game if you could stand during the match and enjoy a 50p discount on an overpriced Jamie Oliver pie at half time and pay 10% more for your season ticket and receive a 5% discount on any online purchases from the club shop whilst at the same time getting free wifi (that never works)" Who did they send it to, everyone that's ever visited/signed up to their website, or to their match going fans?

i think it will come back but in a small corner first and let's say 2000 new safe standing seats but the down side will be a police state the PC brigade will be watching your every single move and song you make its never going to be like the old days of standing and get all the frustration you built up in the week before the game and giving it large after a couple of sherbets down the pub them days have gone and singing your team home must be kept clean

football does not need safe standing really in the premier league its a tv league the money is not in gate receipts anymore its armchair fans the clubs wants but a little bit of atmosphere would not go a miss and the players play better when the crowd are behind them

[
I had hoped this was coming in this season, didnt know we had to wait for Liverpool to sanction it.

Nothing to do with LIverpool sanctioning it. This was a vote run by the Spirit of Shankly, for supporters to establish the position that should be taken. Of the 18000 roughly who voted about a third were regular match goers and 88% would want rail seating. I suppose the the reason it got publicity is that so many voted and that Liverpool are used as a reason not to consider safe standing. Any club can get a fan group together and see what their fans think. This is not an official LFC vote it is a fan vote.
The fact that the Kop stands for many games means the result is no surprise. Personally, I think people should have the choice, but my fear is that they would never let the whole Kop become standing, but maybe 3000 stood in the Annie Road and enforce sitting in the Kop whereas now, they turn a blind eye for certain games.

It doesnt improve the overall atmopshere when you just have a standing corner full of piss heads, bit like the Palace ultra crap
Yeh wouldn't want to interrupt our kids and tourists on the I phones/ipads in our library would we ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.