Season Tickets - 2024/25 | Average increases of 5% despite record profits

It's a difficult one as many OAP are better off than young adults and adults in general, by that I mean they'll have more disposable income as they've paid off mortgages etc
You have to balance it though, many younger workers are now commanding decent wages, £23-25 an hour for Tradesmen seems to be the norm.

I only earned that kind of money when I was a Senior Manager responsible for over 30 members of staff, was over 15 years ago, I know inflation has recently meant wages are at an all time high but it doesn’t help the retired.

My pensions are draw down and the cost of living increase is really affecting my outlook. I’m ok in the immediate future but I could run out of spending money at lot sooner that I’d budgeted for but, hey ho, fuck it, there’s always equity release, would like a £60 a month season ticket instead of £92 that I’m currently paying, two more direct debits before I’m 65, I believe it used to be half price for the FOC’s.

There was suggestion of an independent supporters trust 2 or so years back following the club's decision to not allow ticket transfer for cup games and the ESL debacle. I set up email addresses, A Twitter account and was in the process of creating a website. The legislation to set it up was huge but I was prepared, with a bit of help from others to try and do it.

However, the response was very mixed. There were positive replies from a number but they were matched by similar numbers of abusive direct messages and posts on Twitter saying it was not needed and how we aren't United. People are afraid to upset the applecart and the owners incase they walk away. It is as simple as that.

5 of the the top 6 have these independent trusts and only we don't.

Eventually, I decided against running it. I wasn't prepared for the abuse especially with the time it would have taken to get off the ground and get a line into the club.

But it is is very much needed. The club seem to have a number of spokespersons in the media but all of them are in the clubs pockets. None of them will call out the things that are major issues because they are terrified of losing the privileges they get from being close to the club.
Kudos to you for trying. I know exactly what it's like having been there.

I suspect most City fans just appreciate where we are now after the amazing journey we've been on over the last quarter of a century. But at some point the mood will change.

Thanks corky...I don't agree with a boycott to a game, there are other things we could do. I disagree about the lads who took the sheet in....the sheet / banner at arse got loads of media attention and raised the issue. I know your not advocating a boycott. Sheff weds fans last night held up yellow posters slating their chairman..sky highlighted it and had a brief discussion.
Not sure what the answer is...but we either roll over or do something imo.
Yep I have never boycott as such but when London games got to £50 I refused to go, and in real terms that was more like £70 now when it happened.

The premier league thought they needed to do something to help away fans as lack of them would "damage the product" and City were one of 2 clubs against the cap, although it was due to City having an alternative idea.

It is now a bit daft that home fans are paying double what away fans do most of the time, and the only way we will see home prices come down is if demand drops. They will take us for every penny they can get, it is their job, and they don't think about what might happen in 5, 10, 20 years - there is no bonus for that.

Unfortunately it’s inevitable we are gonna be paying more. I saw someone mention how much the club really gain by rinsing the fans of another few ££s a season and I fully agree.. Maybe they would earn that difference at the bar if it didn’t take 10/15 mins to get a pint at HT

Sadly if you don’t renew ,that season ticket will become a tourist ticket ……got to get the match day revenue up ….as we need it .

Yep I have never boycott as such but when London games got to £50 I refused to go, and in real terms that was more like £70 now when it happened.

The premier league thought they needed to do something to help away fans as lack of them would "damage the product" and City were one of 2 clubs against the cap, although it was due to City having an alternative idea.

It is now a bit daft that home fans are paying double what away fans do most of the time, and the only way we will see home prices come down is if demand drops. They will take us for every penny they can get, it is their job, and they don't think about what might happen in 5, 10, 20 years - there is no bonus for that.

This is why I don’t really blame the person actually in charge of pricing. Their remit probably reads something like… Charge as much as you can get away with, whilst ensuring the ground is at least 95% full. And to that extent you have to say they’re doing a pretty good job at the minute.

But somewhere up the ladder, there is going to be someone who will likely still be here in 10/20 years time.

And it’s up to them to get the message down that it isn’t all about how much money you can make today.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.