Season Tickets - 2024/25 | Average increases of 5% despite record profits

Gotta say though, this is the first time ever for us. Every year we’ve had Platinum and all 3 cup schemes for a long as I can remember.

Next year, we are pulling out the Champions League scheme. 4 shite group games at £60 a ticket. No thanks. I’ll always get a ticket for the final if we get there. Should get a good allocation in Munich.

Just hope we win it this year, that will do for me.

It’s a business not a charity. His remit is to maximise revenue in a cut throat business not placate an ageing fanbase who wanna pay rock bottom prices.

I say that as an ageing fan who wants to pay rock bottom prices. But I’m a realist too.

Saying it’s a business is a cop out to justify decisions that are made.

Manchester City is not the same business as a Tesco or Nike.

Football clubs may be ran in a business way in terms of budgets, incomings, outgoings etc but there is an emotional attachment with the “customers” that no other business has.

If there is an average of £30 rise per season ticket and there is 40,000 of us then he has maximised another £1.2m out of people who are at their limits already!

I’m sorry but if the plan was to go and raise another £1.2m on the excel sheet then do some creative accounting elsewhere, get another sponsor or two, win another game in the champions league, play a friendly in Australia or Abu Dhabi mid season. Don’t continue to go to the well that was there before you came and might not be there when you fuck off and continuing bleed it dry.

Fuck me, if all 20 senior players took a grand a week pay cut for 52 weeks of the year, that’s more or less covered the latest price rise, I’m sure Kev will be ok on £374k a week instead of £375k a week.

This isn’t about paying rock bottom prices for a high quality product.

It’s sad that football has got to a point where people are just accepting this as how it goes.

I can afford my season ticket at the moment, you may be able to also, history over the last 10 years shows us there may be a time when we cannot afford it but by then it’ll be too late but that’s just business I guess, we aren’t a charity….

Mines gone up just under 10% and my daughters junior about 5%. The rises don't bother my finances much and still excellent value in my opinion. I'm just gutted for anyone who it's tipped over the edge and who can not carry them on. The club are rapidly motoring into world domination and just like red shite clubs before us, have lost touch with the so called legacy supporters(not fans) and crave JCLs and the big bucks they spend.

Mines gone up just under 10% and my daughters junior about 5%. The rises don't bother my finances much and still excellent value in my opinion. I'm just gutted for anyone who it's tipped over the edge and who can not carry them on. The club are rapidly motoring into world domination and just like red shite clubs before us, have lost touch with the so called legacy supporters(not fans) and crave JCLs and the big bucks they spend.

I have to admit I cannot really fault my ticket price but, like yourself, I am very sympathetic to others who are priced out.

It has come at a cost for me. My mates all sit on level 2 but factoring in my travel costs and missing games (prior to ticket exchange) that was just unsustainable and so I moved to SSL3. Turned into a great move and I would consider the people I now sit next to as friends also.

I know we criticise the club but we definitely benefit from a wide range of ticket prices which gives more flexibility dependent upon your pocket. I know a lot of other fans can hardly believe how cheap my ticket is.

From reading comments over the years on ticket prices some fans seem to prefer to drop out than relocate to a cheaper seat elsewhere. Seems a shame that without giving it a go.

Saying it’s a business is a cop out to justify decisions that are made.

Manchester City is not the same business as a Tesco or Nike.

Football clubs may be ran in a business way in terms of budgets, incomings, outgoings etc but there is an emotional attachment with the “customers” that no other business has.

If there is an average of £30 rise per season ticket and there is 40,000 of us then he has maximised another £1.2m out of people who are at their limits already!

I’m sorry but if the plan was to go and raise another £1.2m on the excel sheet then do some creative accounting elsewhere, get another sponsor or two, win another game in the champions league, play a friendly in Australia or Abu Dhabi mid season. Don’t continue to go to the well that was there before you came and might not be there when you fuck off and continuing bleed it dry.

Fuck me, if all 20 senior players took a grand a week pay cut for 52 weeks of the year, that’s more or less covered the latest price rise, I’m sure Kev will be ok on £374k a week instead of £375k a week.

This isn’t about paying rock bottom prices for a high quality product.

It’s sad that football has got to a point where people are just accepting this as how it goes.

I can afford my season ticket at the moment, you may be able to also, history over the last 10 years shows us there may be a time when we cannot afford it but by then it’ll be too late but that’s just business I guess, we aren’t a charity….
I feel the same way you do about many of the points you raise.

However in the real world money talks and the old days are gone. We’re one of the premier sports brands in the world and at the level we’re at it’s about improving every aspect of the club by a percent here and a percent there and the whole organisation improving from the incremental gains.

Matchday revenue is one of the few areas in which we lag behind our rivals. It would be completely out of character with the culture of excellence that permeates the whole club for us to unilaterally fly in the face of commercial sense and undersell the product

No it's not,stop
spreading this myth.
It's approximately 10% of the clubs annual income and its one of the areas where the club is miles behind on their closest competitors.
We are approximately 50 million pounds per annum behind Arsenal and united on gate receipts alone.
Whether we like it or not the club have seen another untapped source of extra income and through various methods they are going to take advantage of it.
They are a buisness that sits a top of the tree at the moment and they are doing everything in their powers to remain there .
Unpalatable as it is, us legacy fans are holding them back.
Don't be such an idiot
The price increases total just over 1.5M, which adds about a quarter of a percent to City's turnover
Do you get that, 0.25%!!
All it's done is piss supporters off

Regarding utd, they are in a 75,000 stadium, around 20,000 larger capacity than the Etihad
20,000 x £40 = £800,000 x 19 games = £15.2M
But, and @Prestwich_Blue can confirm this exactly. 75% of utd's match day revenue comes from corporate and premium seating and city has nowhere near as much
It's why when the North stand is completed, our premium seating areas will be hugely extended to probably all of L2 and East Stand blocks 104 & 106 to the level that block 105 is currently

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.