Sergio Aguero - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Aguero is the best but I agree with you, at least partly & I think Pep does as well. He makes it sound like praise but Pep is telling Aguero to up his game in other areas. He'll work with him to do that.

But nobody should make the mistake of thinking Serge is guaranteed a start under Pep. He will have to take everything on board same as the others.

Completely agree. And I think the messaging from the manager is clear - like all of our players, you need to continue to improve your game and we will help you to do that assuming that you are willing to do so.

People will think I'm wumming but I'm deadly serious. We used to have a go at fake Ronaldo for scoring hat-tricks against cannon fodder but not doing it when it mattered. Aguero's becoming the same sort of player but he doesn't even do anything when he's on the ball if he can't have a shot and needs to play a team-mate in.

He's been a great player for us but I'd get rid while he's got plenty of value and get someone like Suarez or Griezemann, who can make things happen when they're not shooting.

There were two moments last night when I realised he wasn't suited to the way we're playing. The first was in the first half, where we were on the break with three players in shot on the TV and he wasn't one of them. He was miles behind the play. The second was late in the second half when we were pressing Celtic on the edge of their box and he was about 3 yards offside, thereby taking himself out of the game when we most needed him.
With you mostly, not doing it in big games for ages

Sell Aguero? Absolute nonsense being spouted on this thread, he's consistently scored against all the top Premier League teams over the years ask United, Chelsea and Arsenal fans... must be either some very short memories or very premature conclusions being drawn. He may not have scored against Real or Barca much but that's because we've been poor going forward and he's had no service, he did score a hat-trick against Bayern though... which was nice.

Still can't get over that, sell Aguero they say?...

post-62243-misfits-Rudy-cringe-gif-imgur-HGDn.gif

Best goals-per-minute ratio in Premier League history (over 10 goals): 1. Sergio Agüero: 106 minutes 2. Thierry Henry: 121.8 minutes
Aguero has scored 107 goals in 154 matches for City, averaging a goal every 106 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.