Sergio Aguero - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good job by Sergio today - he put in a ton of effort pressing. Which is huge for Pep's game.

The biggest difference between this year's squad and last years, is that this squad can high press for the full 90. Last year, we pressed initially and then tired out, at which point we lost domination of possession and thus struggled. This year, we are going to control the ball against all PL opposition and we are going to win the title because the other side just doesn't have enough of the ball - Pep's tactics are going to pay off big time.
=======
Edit - I think it's worth pointing out that our initial break though in yesterday's game against a packed defense came due to our counter-press - and, moreover it came in the 2nd half. KDB pinched the ball, passed it to Silva who then tee-ed up Aguero. I think that this goal epitomizes what Pep stands for, and highlights how much better out squad is this year to implement Pep's style of play.

Last edited:
Legend of a player. As quick and lethal now as the day he signed. Half a dozen games and he'll be our all time top goal scorer. Jesus will be watching and learning day in day out and that bodes well for the sad day when Sergio moves on.

Legend of a player. As quick and lethal now as the day he signed. Half a dozen games and he'll be our all time top goal scorer. Jesus will be watching and learning day in day out and that bodes well for the sad day when Sergio moves on.
Legend yes. Quick and lethal as the day he signed? Couldn't be farther from the truth. Sergio is still very good but that chance he missed before the goal? He would've buried that 3-4 years ago. I think people forget just how good he was back then. Would've been Ballon d' or contender if he didn't miss so many games. BUT he has lost a bit of pace and not as clinical as he was before.

I can't help feeling that, Sergio being our poster boy and symbol of our rise, there's a bit of a campaign going on to minimise his legendary stature.

As with any player, I'd have been quite content if the club had a better option and decided to sell him, but I just sense that any criticism is premature and based on the only contrived stat that could show him as anything less than a world class striker.

Legend yes. Quick and lethal as the day he signed? Couldn't be farther from the truth. Sergio is still very good but that chance he missed before the goal? He would've buried that 3-4 years ago. I think people forget just how good he was back then. Would've been Ballon d' or contender if he didn't miss so many games. BUT he has lost a bit of pace and not as clinical as he was before.
He did miss chances 3/4 years ago you know? In fact on another day he might have buried the one he missed and missed the one he buried. It isn't an exact science this football malarkey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.