Sevilla (A) DIY Travel/Accomodation thread

Hello Mac, me and my mate are staying in Benalmadena. Much better to go early and enjoy a bigger part of the day in Seville. What approximate price would we be looking at if we went earlier?

Question.

Thinking of staying in Malaga for a week. 5 days in reality. And 2 days in Seville. The day before the match, and the day of the match. Staying over for 2 nights. Catching the train from Malaga. Two and a half hours apparently.

Can anyone briefly tell me what Malaga is like, and is it worth staying there? Or should I be looking at Marbella, or one of the other beach resorts along the Costa Del Sol instead?

Thought about staying in Cadiz instead of Malaga, but it's a bit of a trek from Malaga Airport, even though the train journey from Cadiz to Seville is only one and a half hours.

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

Question.

Thinking of staying in Malaga for a week. 5 days in reality. And 2 days in Seville. The day before the match, and the day of the match. Staying over for 2 nights. Catching the train from Malaga. Two and a half hours apparently.

Can anyone briefly tell me what Malaga is like, and is it worth staying there? Or should I be looking at Marbella, or one of the other beach resorts along the Costa Del Sol instead?

Thought about staying in Cadiz instead of Malaga, but it's a bit of a trek from Malaga Airport, even though the train journey from Cadiz to Seville is only one and a half hours.

Thanks.

If you want to cut your costs down, even though a lot nicer dont stay in Marbella.

Ive booked Ryanair Manchester to Malaga on the Tuesday 9am flight.
Train to Seville from Malaga.
Staying in 4 star hotel next to train station.
Flying home day after, Seville to Barcelona, Barcelona to Manchester. All through Ryanair.

Flights and hotel £125. Plus train price - Fast train is around £32 or slow one is around £16 which is 30 minutes slower.

Hope this helps or gives ideas.

Question.

Thanks.

Malaga's a really nice city but can't imagine spending 5 days there. The 'hop on hop off' bus takes you everywhere you need to see in a day in my opinion. Costa del Sol's essentially a sun, sea, sand and sangria destination so personally I'd opt for one of the resorts on the coast and chill for a few days. The train takes you as far as Fuengirola and is cheap and convenient, anything further up the coast it's bus (220 from Fuengirola to Marbella) or taxi, probably €40/50 to Marbella from Fuengirola. Nice marina at Benalmadena and the old town's quaint, worth a trip up to Mijas if you've never been before, Fuengirola is a busy town, very touristy, lots of bars and restaurants.

Question.

Thanks.

I'm staying close to Benahavis (near Marbella) and when I've been before I've booked a taxi online for about €80 return. As Bozzie has said the trains don't get all that far along the coast.

Torremolinos is only a short taxi ride from Malaga Jrb so you could have the best of both worlds. Stay in the City of Malaga, and jump in a taxi for a day/night out in Torremolinos with the City fans based there. We are not bothering with transfers from the airport, we're just jumping in a taxi.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.