Should I stay or should I go now........

The trouble is that you know all the bad things about the country you live in but only see the good things in other countries. If there was a perfect place to live then everyone would go there.

It's very easy to get disheartened about living here, when it's pissing down we're possibly heading towards recession and there's nothing but bad news on the tv.

Spain used to be cheap but that's not the case any more with the strong Euro. France - full of french people. USA - you can be shot just for knocking on someone's door to ask directions. Plus it may be cheap to live but you don't get paid as much. Australia - supposed to be nice with a good standard of living but why do most of them seem to be over here if it's so great? New Zealand - boring as hell by all accounts. Canada - not bad i've heard but no such thing as a mild winter like we have.

sdavros said:
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
sdavros said:
ye can all come to ireland and stop at my place..

On the N20,drivin' down from Shannon Airport.
Get the feckin kettle on...!

Oh,and Sanglote in the 5-10 at Galway looks nailed-on mate.

did you see the F.A.O i posted for you on Saturday.. advising you to oppose duke of marmalade, what a numpty, although Youmzain ran into more trouble than Joey Barton does on a night out.. don't know what Hughes was thinking bringing him inside, especially with O'Briens cheat, oops, I mean pacemaker dropping back.

Yeah,got your message - no worries as i'd already lumped on Youmzain myself;(got 5's,but that's bugger-all use when Hughes rides like my 2 year old at Saturday morning pony club.
Will be coming over later in the year to visit relatives in Cionn tSaile - i'll give you a shout nearer the time if you fancy hooking up for a pint or several - may try & take in the odd race meeting as well if you're up for it.

sdavros said:
sdavros said:

did you see the F.A.O i posted for you on Saturday.. advising you to oppose duke of marmalade, what a numpty, although Youmzain ran into more trouble than Joey Barton does on a night out.. don't know what Hughes was thinking bringing him inside, especially with O'Briens cheat, oops, I mean pacemaker dropping back.

Yeah,got your message - no worries as i'd already lumped on Youmzain myself;(got 5's,but that's bugger-all use when Hughes rides like my 2 year old at Saturday morning pony club.
Will be coming over later in the year to visit relatives in Cionn tSaile - i'll give you a shout nearer the time if you fancy hooking up for a pint or several - may try & take in the odd race meeting as well if you're up for it.

yeah definitely. I'm always on for a few too many and a flutter. Sure let me know closer to the time so I can inform herself of my pending absence!

sdavros said:
sdavros said:
sdavros said:

yeah definitely. I'm always on for a few too many and a flutter. Sure let me know closer to the time so I can inform herself of my pending absence!

Will do mate.
As sure to happen as "Dick" Hills getting beaten in a photo!

Prestwich_Blue said:
The trouble is that you know all the bad things about the country you live in but only see the good things in other countries. If there was a perfect place to live then everyone would go there.

It's very easy to get disheartened about living here, when it's pissing down we're possibly heading towards recession and there's nothing but bad news on the tv.

Spain used to be cheap but that's not the case any more with the strong Euro. France - full of french people. USA - you can be shot just for knocking on someone's door to ask directions. Plus it may be cheap to live but you don't get paid as much. Australia - supposed to be nice with a good standard of living but why do most of them seem to be over here if it's so great? New Zealand - boring as hell by all accounts. Canada - not bad i've heard but no such thing as a mild winter like we have.

I know what you're saying PB and it is easy to overlook negatives in other places and just see the good bits ie weather.

Time will tell but i have become more and more attuned to noticing the slippery slope of standards in our society today. The decision will be made with the future of our wee ones in mind first and foremost.

don't underestimate the effort involved in emigrating. It's not all sunshine and flowers!!

Having said that I've lived in Sweden, Portugal and now Switzerland and I have to say that they are all more civilized than the UK. Well maybe not Portugal.

And patriotism has nothing to do with it. If the big one started tomorrow I would be straight back and back in the forces.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.