Sky Sports

city91 said:
The funny thing is we went into the game not expecting to win, never mind top the group. If you were to put down our strongest first 11 only Fernandinho, Silva and possibly Hart would be in it from our starting 11 tonight. That needs to be put into perspective especially when considering Bayern played arguably their strongest team possible. To win the game was an fantastic result but to win it after being 2 goals down was amazing.

Far to much emphasis is being put on Pellegrini's comments. People are actually making it out that if Kun would have come on then he definitely would have scored. Yes it would have been nice to top the group but whether Pellers knew the rules or not taking Dzeko off for Rodwell showed a more pragmatic approach something which many people have criticised him for.

I also think the Sky punditry was disgraceful tonight. I understand that when we are poor defensively we deserve criticism and when our manager fails to suggest that he knows the rules it should be a talking point. However it turned into almost a character assassination of Pellegrini which is bullshit after our team had just come back to beat the European champions in their own back yard.

As I said some criticism can be justified but to all you people who claim their is no bias towards certain clubs. How come when Moyes made the admission that he didn't sub an unfit RVP because of what people might say, why did he not get slated for that? In my opinion a manager letting public opinion affect his judgement and team selection is far worse than not understanding a complex rule.

Also it's funny that every time we prove our critics wrong they find another thing to have a pop at. First of all we smash Norwich 7-0 and the focus is on a poor Norwich side. Then we smash Spurs who had the best defence in the PL 6-0 and the record turns to our away form. Then we beat the European champions away and they focus of Bayern being poor.

Like I said by all means criticise us when we are poor but also give the credit when its due. The fact we get constantly over the top criticism that other clubs do not receive is going to piss any fan off.

A very good post that is.

This is what I can`t get my around !! If we had scored another goal (according to this final league table) how the hell would we have gone through as group winners,as they would be 1 goal worse off and us ONLY one goal better off :

Played Goal Difference Points
View full table
1 Bayern Munich 6 12 15
2 Man City 6 8 15
3 Viktoria Plzen 6 -11 3
4 CSKA Moscow 6 -9 3

Some fucker clear this up for me please !!!!!!

baildon blue said:
When City were 2-0 down Tyler and Quinn were enjoying themselves . In the end they had to be quite positive about City .

I turned the telly off and watched the rest of the game on a foreign stream because Quinn and Tyler were annoying me so much. Pair of utter cunts. When Silva scored they couldn't have been more dismissive and downright disrespectful if they'd tried.
That plastic rag twat Goldstein is currently trying to stir the shit on talksport too "A massive, massive mistake by Pellegrini" fuck off Goldstein you ****.

oakiecokie said:
This is what I can`t get my around !! If we had scored another goal (according to this final league table) how the hell would we have gone through as group winners,as they would be 1 goal worse off and us ONLY one goal better off :

View full table
1 Bayern Munich 6 12 15
2 Man City 6 8 15
3 Viktoria Plzen 6 -11 3
4 CSKA Moscow 6 -9 3

We would have gone through on the away goal rule .

Martin tyler was fcuking awful,coming out with being outplayed,damage limitations and if they can get out of munich as it stands their confidence may not be to damaged going into the arse game or words to that effect,even when silva and kolarov scored it was like he was deflated..

lunebleu said:
I have never felt so fucking angry after watching a so called analysis! ---'No well done City '-'Great comeback' ---no supporting a British team beating a top German Team. Lets slag off Pellegrini for not putting Aguero on to go for a 4-2 . On one level a fair comment--but then to replay Pellegrini interview to emphasise ---nay embarrass him. -------is disgraceful. I 'm so bleedin' mad I've thrown my cheese and onion pie at the Budgie.
I've just thrown the budgie at my cheese and onion pie

oakiecokie said:

View full table
1 Bayern Munich 6 12 15
2 Man City 6 8 15
3 Viktoria Plzen 6 -11 3
4 CSKA Moscow 6 -9 3

head to head results with away goals doubling.

During the build up to the game Sky showed highlights of the home game against Bayern, Tyler can be heard saying Bayern had all the prestige and we were the newbies - words to that effect.

Within minutes of the kick off tonight, he emphasised this again saying;

"City of course are the nouveau riche, while Bayern are the holders".

Utter, utter ****. He seems determined to remind viewers continuously that inspite of our quality we're still lickle City under the surface, don't let the quality of our squad fool you.

Haggard old cretin.

stony said:
baildon blue said:
When City were 2-0 down Tyler and Quinn were enjoying themselves . In the end they had to be quite positive about City .

I turned the telly off and watched the rest of the game on a foreign stream because Quinn and Tyler were annoying me so much. Pair of utter *****. When Silva scored they couldn't have been more dismissive and downright disrespectful if they'd tried.
That plastic rag twat Goldstein is currently trying to stir the shit on talksport too "A massive, massive mistake by Pellegrini" fuck off Goldstein you ****.

It is raining toys and dummies. The Rags are doubly terrified because this is the worst rag team since the days of Joe Jordon and Gordon McQuinn. They cannot handle the double whammy of us possibly getting to be every bit as they are bad. I feel like we're taking over soon enough now.

<a class="postlink" href="http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2013/12/10/united-revel-in-city-slaughter-at-halftime-on-twitter-get-muller/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2013/12/ ... et-muller/</a>

Too soon, they started laughing too soon

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.