Sky Sports

The funny thing is we went into the game not expecting to win, never mind top the group. If you were to put down our strongest first 11 only Fernandinho, Silva and possibly Hart would be in it from our starting 11 tonight. That needs to be put into perspective especially when considering Bayern played arguably their strongest team possible. To win the game was an fantastic result but to win it after being 2 goals down was amazing.

Far to much emphasis is being put on Pellegrini's comments. People are actually making it out that if Kun would have come on then he definitely would have scored. Yes it would have been nice to top the group but whether Pellers knew the rules or not taking Dzeko off for Rodwell showed a more pragmatic approach something which many people have criticised him for.

I also think the Sky punditry was disgraceful tonight. I understand that when we are poor defensively we deserve criticism and when our manager fails to suggest that he knows the rules it should be a talking point. However it turned into almost a character assassination of Pellegrini which is bullshit after our team had just come back to beat the European champions in their own back yard.

As I said some criticism can be justified but to all you people who claim their is no bias towards certain clubs. How come when Moyes made the admission that he didn't sub an unfit RVP because of what people might say, why did he not get slated for that? In my opinion a manager letting public opinion affect his judgement and team selection is far worse than not understanding a complex rule.

Also it's funny that every time we prove our critics wrong they find another thing to have a pop at. First of all we smash Norwich 7-0 and the focus is on a poor Norwich side. Then we smash Spurs who had the best defence in the PL 6-0 and the record turns to our away form. Then we beat the European champions away and they focus of Bayern being poor.

Like I said by all means criticise us when we are poor but also give the credit when its due. The fact we get constantly over the top criticism that other clubs do not receive is going to piss any fan off.

Hoddle's comments were a disgrace. There is just no balance. Apart from the first 15 minutes City were clearly the better team. He gave us no credit. At one stage he said the result was more about Dante and Boateng than anything City did. It was a great performance. We worked our socks off and even Garcia was excellent. There is clear media bias against City which is driven by the anti-foreign little Englander mentality which permeates virtually all our newspapers and certainly Sky TV. Even a snide comment about Milner being the first English player to score for City in the Champions League for God's sake.

bobbyowenquiff said:
Hoddle's comments were a disgrace. There is just no balance. Apart from the first 15 minutes City were clearly the better team. He gave us no credit. At one stage he said the result was more about Dante and Boateng than anything City did. It was a great performance. We worked our socks off and even Garcia was excellent. There is clear media bias against City which is driven by the anti-foreign little Englander mentality which permeates virtually all our newspapers and certainly Sky TV. Even a snide comment about Milner being the first English player to score for City in the Champions League for God's sake.

Can't wait for BT to fuck these clowns off

YCNMIU

BbKPluXIgAAz5e9.jpg:large

Tbilisi said:
bobbyowenquiff said:

Can't wait for BT to fuck these clowns off

BTpundits no better. Sky has excellent sports coverage, it's just punditry that stinks

bobbyowenquiff said:

Because he was looking forward to a good old bitchfest once Bayern had beaten us 7-0. We have stolen his evening.

When City were 2-0 down Tyler and Quinn were enjoying themselves . In the end they had to be quite positive about City .

city91 said:
The funny thing is we went into the game not expecting to win, never mind top the group. If you were to put down our strongest first 11 only Fernandinho, Silva and possibly Hart would be in it from our starting 11 tonight. That needs to be put into perspective especially when considering Bayern played arguably their strongest team possible. To win the game was an fantastic result but to win it after being 2 goals down was amazing.

Far to much emphasis is being put on Pellegrini's comments. People are actually making it out that if Kun would have come on then he definitely would have scored. Yes it would have been nice to top the group but whether Pellers knew the rules or not taking Dzeko off for Rodwell showed a more pragmatic approach something which many people have criticised him for.

I also think the Sky punditry was disgraceful tonight. I understand that when we are poor defensively we deserve criticism and when our manager fails to suggest that he knows the rules it should be a talking point. However it turned into almost a character assassination of Pellegrini which is bullshit after our team had just come back to beat the European champions in their own back yard.

As I said some criticism can be justified but to all you people who claim their is no bias towards certain clubs. How come when Moyes made the admission that he didn't sub an unfit RVP because of what people might say, why did he not get slated for that? In my opinion a manager letting public opinion affect his judgement and team selection is far worse than not understanding a complex rule.

Also it's funny that every time we prove our critics wrong they find another thing to have a pop at. First of all we smash Norwich 7-0 and the focus is on a poor Norwich side. Then we smash Spurs who had the best defence in the PL 6-0 and the record turns to our away form. Then we beat the European champions away and they focus of Bayern being poor.

Like I said by all means criticise us when we are poor but also give the credit when its due. The fact we get constantly over the top criticism that other clubs do not receive is going to piss any fan off.

It doesn't matter what we do. Nothing is ever good enough. If this had been Spurs, there be a national holiday tomorrow.

Will walk into work tomorrow as proud as can be

It doesn't matter what they write as long as they don't influence what happens on the pitch

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.