Spurs 2016/17

We have just lost 2 in 15 games and sitting third in the league. It's not all bad but we have been stuttering a bit. Hopefully they catch their second wind and Rose and Lamela come back soon enough
Think you're in a similar position to the rags in that you'd actually put a really good run together but Chelsea were better and you didn't manage to pull away from anyone else, which can be a bit disheartening, as you probably saw last season when Leicester kept piling on the wins and it culminated with Spurs losing the rag against Chelsea. We're in a different situation in that after some horrific results following the Everton and Boro draws we've actually started putting together some good performances and results and there's a bit more of a feel-good factor around the way the team are playing. You're on a run of 2 wins in 7 in all comps at the moment I think which isn't exactly great but if you get a few bac to back wins together I think you'll be alright.

If I was one of your lot, what would worry me really is that after beating us earlier in the season you went on a bit of a slump where you couldn't seem to win a game and the players didn't really seem motivated and it's been similar recently after your result against Chelsea, maybe Pochettino is having issues keeping the players motivated after a big result? The Liverpool game should have been a wake up call in that regard also and it doesn't seem to have worked that way.
Still, as I've said before, 3 wins on the trot and any team are world-beaters, 3 losses and even the most optimistic fans start losing hope :)

Wembley a few years ago springs to mind, fighting amongst themselves.
Was that when they couldn't get at the Wigan fans? That was pretty pathetic alright, their biggest day out in years and the chance of an FA cup final and the only thing they had on their minds was to get pissed and coked up and start a scrap. I'd always be happy to see Spurs get knocked out but I'm fairly neutral on this one tbh Millwall don't deserve a big day in Wembley and they definitely don't deserve to spoil someone else's to the extent that they did for the Wigan fans, especially some of the kids that were in that section and must have been fucking terrified.

They probably average about 90 appearances a season between them so that's a given really.
The point I'm making, as you are fully aware, is that if he played for us, the challenges he makes in most matches would be jumped upon by the clowns who officiate us. He would receive red card after red card, whereas currently, as a Spurs player, they are either ignored or only yellows given. I have seen several examples of this throughout the season - he seems to be immune, just like Scholes was, from the full-blown wrath of officialdom.

On the other hand, we have lost Aguero and 'Dinho for 14 matches so far, and 'Dinho in the CL. I'm not saying our cards weren't justified - they were (apart from the CL one, which is still a mystery to me), but this guy is an out and out petulant thug.

The point I'm making, as you are fully aware, is that if he played for us, the challenges he makes in most matches would be jumped upon by the clowns who officiate us. He would receive red card after red card, whereas currently, as a Spurs player, they are either ignored or only yellows given. I have seen several examples of this throughout the season - he seems to be immune, just like Scholes was, from the full-blown wrath of officialdom.

On the other hand, we have lost Aguero and 'Dinho for 14 matches so far, and 'Dinho in the CL. I'm not saying our cards weren't justified - they were (apart from the CL one, which is still a mystery to me), but this guy is an out and out petulant thug.
Not disagreeing with you, he's a horrible thuggish little twat. It's a mystery to me why nobody at the FA seems to realise that letting all the promising English players (apart from Sterling since he moved to us) away with murder isn't exactly doing them any favours when it comes to internationals. If their players aren't expected to behave rationally, keep a cool head and avoid assaulting opponents the second things don't go their way at club level, there's no point expecting them to have the correct mentality to do it in a major international tournament.

Not disagreeing with you, he's a horrible thuggish little twat. It's a mystery to me why nobody at the FA seems to realise that letting all the promising English players (apart from Sterling since he moved to us) away with murder isn't exactly doing them any favours when it comes to internationals. If their players aren't expected to behave rationally, keep a cool head and avoid assaulting opponents the second things don't go their way at club level, there's no point expecting them to have the correct mentality to do it in a major international tournament.

In other words, spoilt brats.

In other words, spoilt brats.
Yep. Should be held to a higher standard than others as the future of your countries game and they're allowed to get away with murder instead. Anyone remember Kompany getting sent off for hitting Wilshere in the studs with his thighs?

Yep. Should be held to a higher standard than others as the future of your countries game and they're allowed to get away with murder instead. Anyone remember Kompany getting sent off for hitting Wilshere in the studs with his thighs?
Yes. Wheelchair about to start making his excuses for NOT being sent off, as he'd already been booked, when he realised that the ref, Mike Dean, was actually sending Vinnie off.
Although the red was subsequently rescinded, it has led to Dean giving us nowt since.

We all know why they're 3rd
display

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.