Sterling’s Racial Abuse

Once again.....Until those that can,start coming down with almighty force on these vile creatures,then such abuse will continue.

Its far too easy,and pathetic lip service type gestures we witnessed over the Bank Holiday weekend are a waste of time.

Real action is required,and its required now.

I'm convinced the majority of these scumbags do it for some kind of bragging rights amongst their mates, seeing their message make news headlines. I'm not saying just ignore it, the player should absolutely still report it and seek punishment but maybe the media can stop giving them what they want by refusing to give them what they want.

Of course players should be able to be on any social media outlet they want to be on but I still dont get why famous people leave themselves open for anyone in the world to be able to contact them randomly.
It's simple, Attention and Money. There's no other reason to want to open up your private life to randomers.

Of course players should be able to be on any social media outlet they want to be on but I still dont get why famous people leave themselves open for anyone in the world to be able to contact them randomly.
Unfortunately it's the way of the world. Social media is inhabited by arseholes who love nothing more than abusing celebrities and famous people. Personally I wouldn't put myself anywhere near it if I was getting that abuse.

People are fucking bigoted arseholes, irrespective of which club they support.

I couldn’t give a fuck if it’s a City fan or not - they’re a fucking low-life, and deserve whatever’s coming to them. No excuse for scum like this.

Sadly the social media channels who actually hold the power to do something meaningful to curb this social cancer would prefer to stand by and do nothing, crying libertarianism and citing some deeply misguided, grotesque caricature of free speech - all the while selling people’s data to the highest bidder.

Why anyone spends any time on these fucking cesspits beats me!

Just watched Ian Wright talking about this with Alan Shearer on bbc site.

Raises some very good points - man, it stirs the emotions.

I find it utterly disgusting that anyone can deliberately insult someone in such a way, and it feels like there should be a punishment.
But I also think that talking and education is the eventual way to achieve lasting change.

Then there’s the threat of stoking a cancel culture where people are afraid to say anything for fear that they make a mistake/someone disagrees with them or makes a point that suggests they might view things differently - meaning they are ‘wrong’ which is then permanently hung like an albatross around their neck as proof of who they are (and always will be) as opposed to it being what they said/did/thought at the time.

Not condoning it in any way - but maybe it is an opportunity that forces us to talk about it more and learn more about how to deal with it.

Can’t believe this kind of behaviour is still going on especially after a season of ‘taking the knee’ and the weekends social media black out
It will unfortunately never go away , in a sport that attracts millions worldwide they will always be that 0.00001% that feel the need to be knobs , it’s a social problem more than a football one

The best thing for Raz to do would be to delete all his social media. He can't as his PR team demands he's on it and the money it brings them both.

If he made that moral stand maybe some others would follow.

The best thing for Raz to do would be to delete all his social media. He can't as his PR team demands he's on it and the money it brings them both.

If he made that moral stand maybe some others would follow.
I understand your point but Raheem shouldn’t have to take a moral stand. Why should he lose out on PR and income because of racist scum?

Manchester City and England forward Raheem Sterling has received racist abuse on social media.

It comes two days after English football's four-day boycott of social media, in response to ongoing online abuse, came to an end.
A spokesperson for Facebook, which owns Instagram, said it had removed the comment and "taken action" against the account responsible.

Facebook added the abuse sent to the 26-year-old was "unacceptable".

"As part of our ongoing work in this space, we'll soon be rolling out new tools to help prevent people from seeing abusive messages from strangers," it said.

"No single thing will fix this challenge overnight but we're committed to doing what we can to keep our community safe from abuse."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.