Stockport County

Apart from all the friendlies we used to play them in didnt we virtualy give them 50 odd gran once when we singed William"Bill" Williams from them then give him back for free i week or so later

One of Machin's greatest signings IIRC.

After he'd left, someone wrote in Blueprint, "I never got to sing, 'There's only one William Williams!'"

Seem to remember one half time announcement when we were away at Blackpool,Carnt remember the exact score but it went along the lines of "Blackpool 2 donkeys 0 " . Stockport blue here too,I had all these county fans come out the woodwork giving it me too!! Had the pleasure of spoting one of them driving down the road just after we won the league,the look on his face as I give him whose the champions now ,priceless(childish maybe )fookin loved it!

Me neither. Seems a bit petty to me, tbh.
I can assure you I am not generally a petty, bitter person or even football fan without good reason, but I have a long memory as do all us Stockport blues. The best way to describe it is a really good mate (not your best mate of course) or at least someone who you thought was a good mate showing their true colours and being verbally abusive to you. It is worst than the scousers in 2014 because they weren't exactly mates with us before, we just didn't realise how vile they could be to us.

I can assure you I am not generally a petty, bitter person or even football fan without good reason, but I have a long memory as do all us Stockport blues. The best way to describe it is a really good mate (not your best mate of course) or at least someone who you thought was a good mate showing their true colours and being verbally abusive to you. It is worst than the scousers in 2014 because they weren't exactly mates with us before, we just didn't realise how vile they could be to us.

Very good analogy.

I'll always have a soft spot for them. my grandad on my mums side lived in edgeley and used to take me to the Friday night games, then Maine road sat with my dad. I remember when the great Frank Worthington played for them although even at 9 years old I could see he was well past it. I even went Wembley twice in a week to see them beaten twice, but it was my only visits to the old Wembley. my paper round money paid for that.

I still remember that twat Dinning (think he was a rag, wasn't he?) celebrating in front of the North stand like he'd won the lottery when he scored a penalty for them. Wamker.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.