Strangeways Prison

Perhaps he'd have been in a better place if he'd had some family holidays?

He had no family. He was put in to foster care and received horrific treatment including sexual abuse. He then trained as a chef, earned good money but blew it all on drugs. He then became homeless and dealt to get off the streets.

His fiancé was a middle class girl from rural Wales. They were like chalk and cheese.

Ended up getting 12 months. Got out in August as I got tagged for another 2 months but am off that now. Was a tough few months and definitely have no plans to go back.

But am going back to Manchester for the game on Sunday - a late birthday present. Nice to be a free man again - Much better feeling than the last time I was going back to Manchester in April for my sentencing.

Ended up getting 12 months. Got out in August as I got tagged for another 2 months but am off that now. Was a tough few months and definitely have no plans to go back.

But am going back to Manchester for the game on Sunday - a late birthday present. Nice to be a free man again - Much better feeling than the last time I was going back to Manchester in April for my sentencing.
You should start a new thread with some prison stories. Bet you have a few

Haven't seen that yet but will have a look. Don't know what Ballinie is like but heard it's tough enough. The firsty few weeks were rough enough - just getting used to being locked up but after that it was alright.There are enough decent lads there to keep your head straight. Those programmes always seem to show the dramatic stuff and things kicking off. The reality is some days being banged up for 22 hours in your cell and boredom and thinking about what's happening at home, Definitely reccomend avoiding it if you can!

Haven't seen that yet but will have a look. Don't know what Ballinie is like but heard it's tough enough. The firsty few weeks were rough enough - just getting used to being locked up but after that it was alright.There are enough decent lads there to keep your head straight. Those programmes always seem to show the dramatic stuff and things kicking off. The reality is some days being banged up for 22 hours in your cell and boredom and thinking about what's happening at home, Definitely reccomend avoiding it if you can!

Good luck, and have great day tomorrow.

I would do my nut in if i got sent down..."what do you mean i am not allowed a pc and fibre 24/7...so officer when was the last time you were shanked in the jugular".
Not even joking if i want to have a beer and a j i need that freedom to do it as and when. To have myself restricted in any sense like that is inconceivable.

Enjoy the free air Jamie, glad you got through your time and are not a fruit loop when you came out :-)

Yeah it's the simple things you miss. I even got excited about ordering a takeaway when I got out and the thrill of being able to open a door by myself instead of having a screw opening the doors and gates. And just deciding to go outside or just down to the shops when you want - is a great feeling after being locked up.

Lucky I was still able to smoke when I was in there. Think the ban came in in September after I got out. Seems to be pretty rough now in the prisons where the smoking ban came in. Think that's acrazy thing to do - nearly everybody smokes in prison - or theu ised to anyway.

Yeah it's the simple things you miss. I even got excited about ordering a takeaway when I got out and the thrill of being able to open a door by myself instead of having a screw opening the doors and gates. And just deciding to go outside or just down to the shops when you want - is a great feeling after being locked up.

Lucky I was still able to smoke when I was in there. Think the ban came in in September after I got out. Seems to be pretty rough now in the prisons where the smoking ban came in. Think that's acrazy thing to do - nearly everybody smokes in prison - or theu ised to anyway.
Good luck to you Jamie. Hope that your rehabilitation has put you in good stead now to contribute to society in a meaningful way and that you'll enjoy the rest of your life peacefully free. Enjoy.

Good luck to you Jamie. Hope that your rehabilitation has put you in good stead now to contribute to society in a meaningful way and that you'll enjoy the rest of your life peacefully free. Enjoy.

Thanks man. Had a good day today - spent some time with my Dad and had a talk. Not sure how much "rehabilitation" I got but a big lesson for me.. Like I said Inever want to back and go through it all again and I definitely don't want to put my son or gf through it either. Seeing them in a prison visiting room nearly broke me and seeing them leave and me going back to my cell. Not good.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.