Summer Transfer Budget

maccistani

With the owners demanding, quite rightly that we should start to trim our squad before a huge influx of players, this is what I think we can expect for a reasonable budget in the summer.

Kasper - £1million (Cardiff)

Ball - Free (Reading)
Ben Haim £2million (Sunderland)
Berti - Free (South Stand)
Garrido - £1million (Hull)
Mills - Free (Dole office)
Richards £7.5 million (Villa)

Fernandes - £2.5million (Hamburg - Were looking to tie him into the De Jong deal)
Hamann - Free (Hopefully will retire and become a coach at city)
Johnson £5million (Villa/West Ham)
Etuhu - £750k (Leicster)

Jo - £7.5million (Everton - if they have the cash, or back to CSKA)
Ched Evans - £2million (Sheff Utd)
Benji - £1million (Stoke)
Sturridge £2.5million (by tribunal) (Villa)
Vassell - Free (Pompey)

That gives us around £33 million to play around with to bolster the squad. The owners will put money in should a star become avaliable, with the figure probably being around £100million

That would then give us the TV money, plus any sponsorship money to bolster in Jan, should it be needed.

Also, Ive put where I think they'll go to, (or if not these clubs, teams of a similar position)

*changed the wording to make it make a bit more sense*

Hargreaff said:
Danny Mills W.t.f????

Never going to play again, as his knee has gone.

He could turn out to be one of those players who never made it really as a footballer, in terms of the high stardom, but will make a great manaher in 10/15 years time.

True-Blue said:
Sturridge for only 2.5 million? are we a fucking charity?

No.

He's out of contract if he doesn't sign a new one, which usually means that, with him being under 24, a fee is payable.

Usually clubs agree to disagree, therefore it goes to a tribunal, where the upfront cash fee is usually a small amount based on his value, but usually offers a high sell on percentage).

It took us three years to negotiate the fee with Coventry for Sturridge, but we only paid £300k in the end, but will have to pay 20% to them of any future fee.

Tell The King said:
Selling players is irrelevant to our transfer budget in the summer, what we get for players will only be a bonus.

Yes and No I feel.

Although we will have funds for any player who fits the bill, if we sign before we sell, then the squad will become unmanageable.

Just look at West Ham. They were crap under Curbishley, becasue they had 40 first teamers, which obviously limits what can be done in training, and also leads to unrest due to playing time.

There only good under Zola, since he's trimmed the squad down to a manageable level of sorts, thus can put his ideas across more effectivley.

maccistani said:
Tell The King said:
Selling players is irrelevant to our transfer budget in the summer, what we get for players will only be a bonus.

Yes and No I feel.

Although we will have funds for any player who fits the bill, if we sign before we sell, then the squad will become unmanageable.

Just look at West Ham. They were crap under Curbishley, becasue they had 40 first teamers, which obviously limits what can be done in training, and also leads to unrest due to playing time.

There only good under Zola, since he's trimmed the squad down to a manageable level of sorts, thus can put his ideas across more effectivley.
Fully agree that we need to trim down the squad mate, but what we can actually spend won't be dictated by selling players first. In my opinion anyway, whatever thats worth, haha.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.