Summer Transfer Budget

Yeah, fully understand that mate, if a players there for buying, we wont piss around waiting to sell.

But, obviously if there looking at a few players, and nothings cut and dried, they'll be wanting to sell, to ensure that they can entise the player(s) in with a greater guarantee of first team football.

Overall, come the end of the window, we need to sign half the number of players we get rid of, giving us about 24 first teamers, with players like Mcgiven and Weiss providing backup from the youth ranks.

maccistani said:
Yeah, fully understand that mate, if a players there for buying, we wont piss around waiting to sell.

But, obviously if there looking at a few players, and nothings cut and dried, they'll be wanting to sell, to ensure that they can entise the player(s) in with a greater guarantee of first team football.

Overall, come the end of the window, we need to sign half the number of players we get rid of, giving us about 24 first teamers, with players like Mcgiven and Weiss providing backup from the youth ranks.
Sounds spot on. Hughes has said a squad of 24 is a good number for a squad.

Don't agree with selling fernandes and richards.
I'd also keep jo, sturridge and Evans and send them out on loan and give them at least another season to prove themselves. However I'd get rid of the rest you've stated.

Lol. Transfer "budget" my arse...

Austin_Powers_Mike_Myers_as_Dr_Evil.jpg

Wheelsy OSC Sydney said:
Lol. Transfer "budget" my arse...

Austin_Powers_Mike_Myers_as_Dr_Evil.jpg

I agree

There won't be a budget set in stone it will be about what players are available to fill the holes in the squad

Each deal will be assessed to decide if we are willing to pay X amount for that player if not we move on to the next one

maccistani said:
With the owners demanding, quite rightly that we should start to trim our squad before a huge influx of players, this is what I think we can expect for a reasonable budget in the summer.

Kasper - £1million (Cardiff)

Ball - Free (Reading)
Ben Haim £2million (Sunderland)
Berti - Free (South Stand)
Garrido - £1million (Hull)
Mills - Free (Dole office)
Richards £7.5 million (Villa)

Fernandes - £2.5million (Hamburg - Were looking to tie him into the De Jong deal)
Hamann - Free (Hopefully will retire and become a coach at city)
Johnson £5million (Villa/West Ham)
Etuhu - £750k (Leicster)

Jo - £7.5million (Everton - if they have the cash, or back to CSKA)
Ched Evans - £2million (Sheff Utd)
Benji - £1million (Stoke)
Sturridge £2.5million (by tribunal) (Villa)
Vassell - Free (Pompey)

That gives us around £33 million to play around with to bolster the squad. The owners will put money in should a star become avaliable, with the figure probably being around £100million

That would then give us the TV money, plus any sponsorship money to bolster in Jan, should it be needed.

Also, Ive put where I think they'll go to, (or if not these clubs, teams of a similar position)

*changed the wording to make it make a bit more sense*

a bit trigger happy arnt you?!
you pretty much want to sell all our homegrown players.....what happended to "the youth is the future", this money has put an end to our academy players making it, if it wasnt for hughes thenm Ireland would be at sunderland now.

Id keep johnson, do everything to keep sturridge, give richards a reality check but a bit more time and loan out Evans (which if anyhthing could bump his price up)

maccistani said:
Hargreaff said:
Danny Mills W.t.f????

Never going to play again, as his knee has gone.

He could turn out to be one of those players who never made it really as a footballer, in terms of the high stardom, but will make a great manaher in 10/15 years time.

If you've heard him commentate then you'll know that even if he is given eternal life that man will never EVER be a great manager!

Bluebeer said:
a bit trigger happy arnt you?!
you pretty much want to sell all our homegrown players.....what happended to "the youth is the future", this money has put an end to our academy players making it, if it wasnt for hughes thenm Ireland would be at sunderland now.

Id keep johnson, do everything to keep sturridge, give richards a reality check but a bit more time and loan out Evans (which if anyhthing could bump his price up)

totally agree, if Villa ended up with Richards and Sturridge for 10m when we don't 'need' the money I'd see my arse

A few suggested changes

Kasper - £1million (Cardiff)

Ball - Free (Reading)
Ben Haim £2million (Sunderland)
Berti - Official Mascot
Garrido - £1million (Hull)
Mills - Free (glue factory)

Fernandes - £2.5million (Hamburg - Were looking to tie him into the De Jong deal)
Hamann - Free (Hopefully will retire and become a coach at city)
Johnson £5million (Villa/West Ham) unless his fitness seriously improves this summer.
Etuhu - £750k (Leicster)

Jo - £7.5million (Everton - if they have the cash, or back to CSKA)
Ched Evans - £2million (Sheff Utd) or a loan move.
Benji - £1million (Stoke)
Sturridge £2.5million (by tribunal) (Villa) but do all we can to keep him.
Vassell - Free (glue factory)

Johnson and richards wont be sold, there is no need to sell them

the only players leaving this summer will be the one's out of contract and the deadwood

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.