Summer Transfer Budget

we also need to keep an eye out for the 6+5 rule FIFA want to bring in

Sturridge may go due to not signing a contract but I don't think we'll be getting rid of all the young English players

nickson71 said:

Sturridge may go due to not signing a contract but I don't think we'll be getting rid of all the young English players
FIFA can want to bring that in as much as they like, the fact is FIFA is just the governing body of a sport, the EU however is far more powerful and have, on numerous occasions, stated that "6+5 Rule is based on direct discrimination on the grounds of nationality, and is thus against one of the fundamental principles of EU law". Can't see them ever managing to get around that, it would open up a can of worms for other business areas.

zak@work said:
we dont have a budgit!
132396_06072005616_ExhibitPic.jpg

Cambridgeblue said:
A few suggested changes

Kasper - £1million (Cardiff)

Ball - Free (Reading)
Ben Haim £2million (Sunderland)
Berti - Official Mascot
Garrido - £1million (Hull)
Mills - Free (glue factory)

Fernandes - £2.5million (Hamburg - Were looking to tie him into the De Jong deal)
Hamann - Free (Hopefully will retire and become a coach at city)
Johnson £5million (Villa/West Ham) unless his fitness seriously improves this summer.
Etuhu - £750k (Leicster)

Jo - £7.5million (Everton - if they have the cash, or back to CSKA)
Ched Evans - £2million (Sheff Utd) or a loan move.
Benji - £1million (Stoke)
Sturridge £2.5million (by tribunal) (Villa) but do all we can to keep him.
Vassell - Free (glue factory)

sounds more like it, for me around 5 of those will stay on, inc. fernandes, johnson, Jo, Evans n Sturridge, the rest we wish all the best where ever they end up.....as they certainly arnt needed =]

whats funny is we have a big squad with all these players who, in fairness, were first teamers a season or two ago.....now when we have an injury in the first team our 'squad' isnt good enough ha

Matty said:
nickson71 said:

FIFA can want to bring that in as much as they like, the fact is FIFA is just the governing body of a sport, the EU however is far more powerful and have, on numerous occasions, stated that "6+5 Rule is based on direct discrimination on the grounds of nationality, and is thus against one of the fundamental principles of EU law". Can't see them ever managing to get around that, it would open up a can of worms for other business areas.

I'm sure that there was a report out not too long back stating that it would be possible to use this rule as it wouldn't breach EU Law

edit just had a look and heres the guardian article from Feb this year

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/...independent-report-bosman-ruling-sepp-blatter

True-Blue said:
Sturridge for only 2.5 million? are we a fucking charity?
we wont get a penny for him if he dont sign a new deal so he will get the £70,000 from who ever he goes to because he will cost £0.00 gbp !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

agree with most of that however under no circumstances should we be getting rid of so much of our homegrown, for me richards should not be going at all same as johnson few short memories around here last season they were immense and there young lads who will suffer dips in form and injuries but they have way to much potential to be shipped out, certainly not to villa who i see as one of our main rivals for next season. evans i think would benefit from another season on loan the look again after that would do everything to keep sturridge on our books however if he font want to be here then fuck all we can do about it and we have to take a hit on that one, as for the rest i think its pretty straight forward .. keep the best and can the rest ...these are the thoughts of the donkey

CTID

city stew said:
True-Blue said:
Sturridge for only 2.5 million? are we a fucking charity?
we wont get a penny for him if he dont sign a new deal so he will get the £70,000 from who ever he goes to because he will cost £0.00 gbp !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Not true.

Due to his age we'll get some kind of fee for him, a fee decided by a tribunal. It won't be anywhere near what he could well be worth though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.