Summer Transfer Budget

nickson71 said:
Matty said:
nickson71 said:
we also need to keep an eye out for the 6+5 rule FIFA want to bring in

Sturridge may go due to not signing a contract but I don't think we'll be getting rid of all the young English players
FIFA can want to bring that in as much as they like, the fact is FIFA is just the governing body of a sport, the EU however is far more powerful and have, on numerous occasions, stated that "6+5 Rule is based on direct discrimination on the grounds of nationality, and is thus against one of the fundamental principles of EU law". Can't see them ever managing to get around that, it would open up a can of worms for other business areas.

I'm sure that there was a report out not too long back stating that it would be possible to use this rule as it wouldn't breach EU Law

edit just had a look and heres the guardian article from Feb this year

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/...independent-report-bosman-ruling-sepp-blatter

Quote from the attached article:-

Now the Institute for European Affairs (Inea), commissioned by Fifa to study the issue, claims the idea of restricting foreign players in league games does not fall foul of EU rules on free movement of workers.

"There is no conflict with European law," the Inea chairman, Professor Jürgen Gramke, told a press conference in Brussels. He insisted the report, although commissioned by Fifa, was entirely independent. "We took no instructions from Fifa," he added. "Inea accepted this commission on condition that our requirements of complete independence were met."

Independent my arse. Are you telling me FIFA, on such an important issue, commissioned an investigation into the law without knowing exactly what they would be getting in the end (i.e. a rubber stamp for their rule change)? I think not.

Matty said:
nickson71 said:
Matty said:
nickson71 said:
we also need to keep an eye out for the 6+5 rule FIFA want to bring in

Sturridge may go due to not signing a contract but I don't think we'll be getting rid of all the young English players
FIFA can want to bring that in as much as they like, the fact is FIFA is just the governing body of a sport, the EU however is far more powerful and have, on numerous occasions, stated that "6+5 Rule is based on direct discrimination on the grounds of nationality, and is thus against one of the fundamental principles of EU law". Can't see them ever managing to get around that, it would open up a can of worms for other business areas.

I'm sure that there was a report out not too long back stating that it would be possible to use this rule as it wouldn't breach EU Law

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/...independent-report-bosman-ruling-sepp-blatter

Now the Institute for European Affairs (Inea), commissioned by Fifa to study the issue, claims the idea of restricting foreign players in league games does not fall foul of EU rules on free movement of workers.

"There is no conflict with European law," the Inea chairman, Professor Jürgen Gramke, told a press conference in Brussels. He insisted the report, although commissioned by Fifa, was entirely independent. "We took no instructions from Fifa," he added. "Inea accepted this commission on condition that our requirements of complete independence were met."

Independent my arse. Are you telling me FIFA, on such an important issue, commissioned an investigation into the law without knowing exactly what they would be getting in the end (i.e. a rubber stamp for their rule change)? I think not.

It does show that FIFA will try their hardest to get this rule through thou

nickson71 said:
Matty said:
nickson71 said:
Matty said:

It does show that FIFA will try their hardest to get this rule through thou

They still will not succeed.... it'll be like the Bosman case all over again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.